Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transcript in premiere 2024 does not work, stuck on loading for several hours

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey people
I don't understand why but when I try to make a transcript on my video - it's just stuck for hours and doesn't progress anywhere - on the contrary, the estimated time just goes up and up.
what can I do?

Itay33084396mpxu_0-1701245779879.png

thanks

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Itay33084396mpxu,

Thanks for writing in. Looks like you are having a speech to text issue with the transcription process hanging. Which language are you transcribing? Which language is set as your default in Transcription Preferences? If it isn't English, you might try changing that to suit the transcription process. Does that make it work better? Let me know any missing info, so we can help you. Sorry for the hassle.

All the Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey thank you for your answer

actually the language is English.

that is why I am getting so confused as to why it is not working.

any idea what can I do in that situation?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Itay33084396mpxu,

I read your notes. Sorry my advice was unhelpful. Is your OS an English one? If not, maybe that can affect the situation. Can you upload a sample clips so we can test it out. You can send me a PM with a private link, if you like. I hope we can help you.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was this solved? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am also having the same problem. I had 3 selected clips in the sequence, two of the clips transcribed sucessfully without any problem while the clip ( 3 mins long) in the sequence seen in the picture was not successful at the same time, from the Creative Cloud on Premier Pro, there is a "Adding Speech to Text Language Pack (German)" downloading (I dont know why it should do that, also see second screen shot below). The dialogue is in English and I have the Text language pack (English) already installed. Would really appreciate some help.

Screenshot 2023-12-22 141705.png

Screenshot 2023-12-22 143840-language pack.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kiki O,

Thanks for the screenshot. It appears that Premiere Pro is trying to install a "language pack" for Deutsch. Which version are you working in? If I'm not mistaken, you no longer need language packs and the server for those packs might not be available. In your case, see if updating Premiere Pro might solve your problem. Let me know if it does. Sorry for the issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @Itay33084396mpxu@Jolyssa Marie3433004799nv, and @Kiki O,

I see that you are still having this problem. Can you give me full details about your system and media so the community can help better?

You might try updating Premiere Pro to 24.1, if you have not already done so. Let me know if it works.

I apologize for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and happy newyear @Kevin-Monahan, my apologies for the late reply. Yes I am using the latest version of premier pro which is 24.1.0 (build 85). As for the full spec of the system: Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13620H 2.40 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable) As for the media, it was recorded with a canon eos 7d mark 2; the media type is mp4 the size is 301mb (time duration:3mins 29sec) and resolution is 1080p at 25fps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myt premier pro updates regularly through my creative cloud account that is active. But even with the regular update, the transcription just acts the same, no progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear @Kiki O,

Happy New Year to you. I hope you are well today.

Is this an updated project or a new one? If it is an updated project, can you test with a new one? Do you have an Intel-based Mac? Appears you have a PC. Regardless, can you try the same on Premiere Pro Beta 24.2? There are some transcription based bug fixes there recently, I've heard. Try it and let me know.

Thank you!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines