• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform Effect Error

Contributor ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why adding any number of shutter angle in the transform effect cause to unpredictable changes in scale and position?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any other effects than the transform ?

are you applying it on a text layer, an image or a nested clip ?

did you turn off 'use composition shutter angle ? tried changing the sampling ?

can you screenshot your workflow ?

try to nest your clip and apply transform, does the same happen ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a picture with no other effects on it. Use composition shutter angle is unchecked.

To reproduce this error:

1. Grab any picture to the timeline, then grab transform effect to it.
  2. Uncheck Use composition shutter angle and change shutter angle to 180.
  3. Changing scale of the transform effect from 100 to 0 moves the picture to the upper left corner. Scaling up from 100 to inf moves it to down right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click on your image, click on 'Nest'

apply the transform effect with shutter 180 deg and use composition shutter angle switched off

it worked for me

if you do not nest it, it scales unproperly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work properly on nested sequence too. All my presets with scale and motion blur which I did before become broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked for me, but since you have other presets, I guess the problem is with

the structure of the presets you applied, which one is before, try to drag

the transform to the top of them

or, if your other presets are working fine on the image(not the nested), keep them,

just remove the transform and apply it to the nested image

when you nest your image, you have to remove the transform from the original image

and keep it just on the nested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This preset should rotate in the center. But it starts moving from the bottom left corner. On nested sequences as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dragged an image to my timeline, nested it, then applied your preset to the nested image,

it works great ! starts from the center rotates and ends at the center with a wonderful motion blur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure exactly what you're doing; that sounds odd.

I can tell you that I never use the transform effect. It's always been horribly buggy for me, leading to crashes and render errors.

you may find it easier and more stable to do this kind of motion animation in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works only when the sequence on which you apply the preset is the same size with your working sequence. It is a bug of PP.

PP is very buggy when you do something a bit more complicated. AE does not use GPU during export, that leads to 5 hour rendering for me instead of 3 minutes for PP for the same project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think we can call this a bug, i recently created 50 presets which

are too complicated, you have to take into consideration that when you

create presets for a full hd image, those presets work properly on images

and footage that are full hd, smaller and larger resolutions like 4k wont

have a properly working preset designed on a full hd sequence. So, when you

import an image or video that is not 1920x1080 you will have to set it to a

frame size of a 1920x1080 sequence and nest it, then apply the preset on

the nested sequence. That is the proper way of working with presets.. and

the preset you sent me works great on my full hd nested image workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you realize that using the transform effect on a NESTED object, now set to no larger than 1080x1920, means that you've potentially destroyed resolution / pixel information. You're zoomed in on brand new pixels. Your image will always be blurrier than it could be. Does that make sense?

An 8K photo, nested to 1080p, and then zoomed in on (using Transform or Motion) will always look fuzzier than it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi сергейз,

Does this happen with new projects or just updated ones?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this on images that do not match sequence settings.

When nested problem is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definitely a bug! I understand that presets need some adjusting for different resolutions, it's ok. It's not ok when shutter angle causes unpredictable position changing. Most of the time I apply this effect to footages which are smaller than my working sequence. If I nest them to bigger size my animation become wrong. And what does Adobe team suggest to do in that case?

I usually don't nest my footages to smaller resolution.

It happens with a new projects too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File your bug to the proper place then since you say that it is definitely

a bug, im just trying my best to help you out here so you can finish your

project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of presets which have shutter angle and designed to work with small footages. Now they are all useless. Nesting does not help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preset you sent me was tested on a 1920x1080 nested sequence and it

works perfect, so anything resized and nested into a 1920x1080 seq will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why doesn't it work on images that do not match sequence resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, here it is simplified :

When you create a preset with keyframes, those keyframes work on values,

so if the anchor point value for a 1920x1080 sequence is (x,y) the x on the 1920x1080 seq

is different from the same value on a 4k sequence, so is the y

Position and scale values differ between a 1920x1080 sequence and a 4k sequence

as well as other sequence settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that if the footage size is different from the sequence size where the presets were created,

the footage must be resized to the same size as the seq where the presets created, and then and

most importantly nested, then have the presets applied to work properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and for everybody here, the 'Transform Effects' is so delicate, especially when it comes

to switching 'use composition shutter angle' on and off

I once tried moving a premiere pro project from a windows 7 (service pack 1) pc to

my Macbook Pro, so all my assets having the 'Transform' effect applied started

flickering on export ! I just turned off 'use composition shutter angle' and everything

went back to normal, no more flickering. I later discovered that the windows pc had a

Quadro k2000, and my Macbook Pro had a Radeon 450, so premiere project was

stuck on interacting with the supposedly Quadro k2000 on a Macbook Pro, so turning

off the automatic use of composition shutter gave priority to my Radeon Pro 450

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, does that mean that It's impossible to use scaling without loosing the quality (resolution)? If it works only with nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is not after effects, you can scale without loosing quality if you are working

with an illustrator file or any other high res footage, but when you start creating complex

keyframing and animation, you will have to nest in certain cases for the complex keyframes

to work perfectly, and you can nest your footage in a sequence at the same resolution as

your footage, it will act the same as if you are working with the actual footage without nesting.

It is all a game of preserving same settings while nesting. When I nest text, for example, If I

want to use scaling on the nest, I scale my text to fit on screen before nesting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if I nest my footage in a sequence at the same resolution as my footage I will not get proper animation with shutter angle because my sequence is 2160p. I hope someday Adobe bring collapse transformation to PP.

I found that if I'm animating position with scale on footage without nest I can get proper animation but it's a pain in the *ss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines