Transform effect + shutter angle is messing up clip position

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am using the transform effect for minor animations because of its motion blur abilities when using shutter angle. Lately however it seems like the shutter angle is messing with the positioning of the anchor point or something like that.

For example I wanted an image to rotate a couple times around its own midpoint like a wheel, this worked perfectly fine, then I adjusted the shutter angle to simulate motion blur and all of a sudden the image is rotating around a point somewhere just offscreen. 

The same thing happened when I did only a small scale animation, I made an image pop out a bit by having the scale increase in a short amount of time, then I adjust the shutter angle and now it doesn't pop out of its own middle but from some angle in the screen. 

The amount of shutter angle does not matter, it either does not happen when it's off or happens all the way when either barely or fully adjusted.

Am I goofing? or is this not supposed to happen? Any advice is appreciated!!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly which effect are you using, I can't find one with shutter angle blur.

Ignore I've just found it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my PC it rotates around the centre anchor with any setting of shutter angle.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other effects applied to the clip? Let me know, Petro.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it happens with only the transform effect as well. I read somewhere that this could be due to no GPU acceleration enabled, in my settings ''renderer'' is set to ''Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal) - Recommended''

However, I am on a 2020 iMac with an ''AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB'' graphics card, and I have read somewhere else that premiere does not properly support this card so acceleration would not be fully functioning. Could that be the problem?

Thanks for your reply!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So would you have any idea what the problem could be?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Transform Effect?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes only the transform effect on a .png image for either rotation or scaling animation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines