• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transition not following Keyframes with Speed Ramp

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see in the screenshots, I'm trying to do a simple opacity transition from 0 to 100% on the cloud layer. The problem is, it's going from 0-100 before even hitting my keyframes. According to the effect controls, it should still be at 0% opacity, but the clouds are already at 100% on screen. AND it's going much faster than what I have my keyframes spacing set to. The opacity transition is happening in a mater of 6 frames, while I have the keyframes set 78 frames apart. I'm speed ramping the clouds which I suspect is messing with the opacity transition, so assuming this is the problem, I guess my question is how to have a keyframe transition for a specific layer follow the timeline and not the clip speed (if that makes sense)? 

Appreciate any help!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Ok found a work around by applying the opacity keyframes to the cloud layer, nesting it, then applying the speed ramp to the nested sequence. Then requires a bit of back and forth between the two sequences to get it right which is a bit annoying, but oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok found a work around by applying the opacity keyframes to the cloud layer, nesting it, then applying the speed ramp to the nested sequence. Then requires a bit of back and forth between the two sequences to get it right which is a bit annoying, but oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines