• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble importing MP4 files into the updated Premiere

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced difficulties importing MP4 files into the recently updated Adobe Premiere? The attached photo is a screenshot of what I am experiencing. This video and others like it play perfectly on any video player I have tried. 

Mine is the Windows version.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

I have solved the problem of not being able to use the latest release of Premiere Pro on my Lenovo Yoga X1 Laptop. After trying to reach Lenovo for help with my in-warranty computer and not being able to talk to anyone about not being able to install the latest drivers for the display adapter,  I found by uninstalling the display adapter and rebooting my computer, the results of this action reinstalled the adapter and Premiere now functions correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please use the insert photo command on the tool bar above the text entry rather than attaching a file.  generally people here don't like downloading files from unknown sources... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how this relates to importing MP4 video into Premier for editing? Can you explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a file embedded in your post...  if it's not important, we can ignore it...  I thought maybe you were trying to show us something.  you said "The attached photo is a screenshot of what I am experiencing."

please use mediainfo to tell us the properties of your mp4s.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

codec, frame rate, and whether it's constant or variable and pixel dimensions are probably the things we need to know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good question, I had the same 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Driver Issue.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I missed that option. 

The videos I am trying to work with are no different than dozens I have used in the past. They are from the same camera, same framerate, etc. Actually, I even tried importing an older video I have used in the past and get the same warning.I really believe that the latest release of Adobe Premiere Pro has some issues with drivers of certain GPUs especially when a manufacturer like Lenovo provides their own custom drivers for Intel GPUs.

I have now tried removing Premiere Pro and going back to a release form 1 year ago and still find the same notice.

Fortunately, my desktop works, and I will complete my work on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the problem of not being able to use the latest release of Premiere Pro on my Lenovo Yoga X1 Laptop. After trying to reach Lenovo for help with my in-warranty computer and not being able to talk to anyone about not being able to install the latest drivers for the display adapter,  I found by uninstalling the display adapter and rebooting my computer, the results of this action reinstalled the adapter and Premiere now functions correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for closing out the thread and helping others. Not everyone does
that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Mac version experiencing the same issue with importing MP4 files. I tried uninstalling and reinstaling Adobe Premiere Pro latest version and the issue persisted. I can't believe this is happening after so many years of using Adobe Premier Pro. I think it's time to let it go and find another video editing application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

simple solution.  revert to the version that worked for you...     Of course, you could also try 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

and maybe tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics cardso we can see if there are any other issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines