Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning off timeline popup info

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to turn off the popup info box that follows the mouse around the timeline?

Pop-Up.jpg

I'm in PPro 2018 on rMBP 15" late 2013.

Thank you in advance!

Mal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

I'm not sure they can be turned off.

On my system, they only appear when the mouse is hovering over a clip without any mouse movement - and if the mouse does not move, the info box goes away about 3.5 seconds after it appears.

Is that not happening on your system?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure they can be turned off.

On my system, they only appear when the mouse is hovering over a clip without any mouse movement - and if the mouse does not move, the info box goes away about 3.5 seconds after it appears.

Is that not happening on your system?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MtD is right it only appears for few seconds if the mouse is still on a clip & I checked various options but think there is not option to turn off the pop on hover over clip.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both. Yes, they are only onscreen for a few seconds and it does disappear when the mouse is moved. I've found a few instances where they got in the way when I was trying to precisely position the mouse hence my question about turning them off.

Thanks for your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I can grab someone's attention at Adobe here... but this is not an answer, and the problem is definitely not solved. This little info popup is annoying and it actually gets in the way. I watch my timeline's audio waveforms to match the audio I hear as I play the project in order to cut out audio I do not want. My mouse sits still while I listen, watching the waveform to match up sounds. This popup gets in my way about every 2 seconds. For a 20 minute video, that's a lot of time shaking the mouse to get this popup to go away so I can see my audio track. My only other alternative is to move the mouse pointer... but then my mouse pointer (with the razor tool selected) isn't near my audio track and I have to stop and rewind most of the time.

Having this little info popup just stop popping up would save me time and make my editing experience better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This is very annoying while editing in the timeline. Can someone answer this from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let's get an option to turn this off. Nice to have, but I don't need it popping up all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thing bugs the heck out of me every 30 seconds. If Adobe wants the pop up so bad, maybe they can implement adjustable pop up time settings in the preferences like they do with the waveform meter yellow and red colors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a strange turn of events... I have accidentally managed to turn off this pop-up box, and don't know how to turn it back on! Either I hit a keyboard shortcut/command that I never new existed, or I encountered some sort of glitch. But nothing comes up when I hover over clips, and (this is the problem) when I adjust gain on audio clips, the dB level that usually appears next to the mouse isn't showing up. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines