• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing Activates Keyboard Shortcuts

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I type using the text tool it activates the keyboard shortcuts instead of actually typing (selects other tools and functions).

I mostly use a subtitle present which I drag onto the graphic and type from there. But niether do the present and standalone tool work.
1. Drag preset onto graphic
2. Click Graphic to highlight text box
3. Type
4. Shortcuts are used instead.

I have double clicked the graphic in the timeline to full highlight the example text im replacing and still shortcuts are used whenever I type. This has only started happening after a month or 2 (been using the program and doing the same thing for a couple years).
I'll attach pics in case I haven't described it well but I saw others having issues from 2017 and the solution was to restarted whilst holding shift and alt (this did not work for me). 

In Pic 2 you'll see typing i has selected Source IN on the timeline. In Pic 3 this is the only workaround I have for the time being - I cant select the graphic in the timeline but in the essential graphics tab I double click the word and type and then shorts aren't used. Weird.

I currently have no other plugins or panels installed.
OS Windows 10 Home 10.0.19045 Build 19045 // CPU RYZEN 5  5600X // GPU NVIDIA 3070 TI // 32GB RAM // PREMIERE VERSION 24.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Hi @Kobotnik and @Johan5E97,

Thanks for writing in. Please try updating Premiere Pro. That bug should be fixed.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem since updates in April. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kobotnik and @Johan5E97,

Thanks for writing in. Please try updating Premiere Pro. That bug should be fixed.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks for replying. I use 24.4.1 which is the latest I can find in Creative Cloud. Still there. Best regards, Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I see, @Kobotnik and hello, @TomCricket,

I am sorry that the bug persists in the current version. Is the same thing happening in a brand-new project, or is this with projects you have been working on from previous versions?

Please let the team know. I hope we can figure this one out together.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, this is happening in a new project started after updating to 24.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the additional info!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me, issue still persists in both new and existing projects. Also with new update too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Is there any update on this and if its being looked into? The issues has been affecting me for months to the point wheres its been consistent with various versions of Premiere. I have reset my workspaces as well as trying other little troubleshooting steps I've seen online but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on version 24.5 and this bug still exists. Please fix this I'm begging you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After typing this I realized that while subtitling a video this bug caused me to hit the delete hotkey and now a quarter of my timeline is gone. Awesome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the undo command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still present in Premiere Pro 24.4.1, which is the latest version I can find at the time of writing. This has been an ongoing problem throughout multiple updates of Premiere Pro and is impeding progress on my projects to the point where I would prefer not to use Premiere Pro if I can help it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is super annoying I have the latest version too. I may have found a workaround. Before typing the text, click the arrow tool and then the text tool, then try to type the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 07/01/24 this bug is still annoyingly present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can also confirm, having issues with this still. My only workaround is ensuring the Graphic is slected and editing it in the Graphics tab. Not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dates don't help much, version numbers do. PP 24.5 is current, please make sure you are testing in that version. Beta is v24.6, and a build number. 44+ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah can confirm I am using version 24.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using "point" text, where you simply click on the screen to set a location, and start typing, or "box" text, where you click/drag to set a text box, then click inside the box and type?

In my experience, in "point" text work, this can happen at times. But I've never had it happen with text boxes. So ... if this is happening with text boxes, that would be very unusual and yes, bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is happening for me in Premiere 2024 and never had it occur before. When trying to type text in a graphic editor text box, keys that are bound to shortcuts, such as typing a word with the letter "R", jumps away from the text I'm typing and launches the hot key. Maddening! Workaround is to type my text into Notepad and copy/paste into the text box in Premiere. ARGH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... having this happen when "point text" typing is the normal thing. I'm not sure I've seen someone with an active text box, typing inside that box, have this happen.

Are you Windows or Mac? I know Windows is maddening about 'grabbing' any keyboard short using Alt if it thinks you might be trying to invoke a Windows keyboard short. And there's no freaking way to turn that off, though I've tried for years. As I have never wanted or needed to use a Windows 'system' command while in another program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Macbook Pro M2 and having this issue again too. It came up in an earlier build, went away for a while, and now is present again in v 24.6.1 (I've given up on the Beta software due to a lot of these types of issues). 

My only solution so far is to deselect everything in the timeline, then click the Motion Graphic item in the timeline which you want to adjust, and double click the text within the Program Monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a mac user (M1 macbook Ventura 13.6.9).
I'm experiencing the same symptoms with ver24.6.1.
The shortcuts cause problems without me noticing, causing important clips to disappear and having quite a negative impact.
The reality is that it's difficult to use for client work.
I hope it gets improved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines