Unable to batch attach proxies in Premiere 22.2 - have to go one by one

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All--

I'm importing 4K Sony A7SIII footage into Premiere 22.2 (and previous 22 versions). I'm able to import the 4K files, but then when I attach proxies I've made in Media Encoder (as I've done for a year now in Premiere/Encoder 2021), the proxies only attach one by one. I have to go file by file to attach proxies, which is just not an option with the number of files I'm working with.

Does anyone else have a similar issue and/or a workaround for attaching proxies quickly to 4K files? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got Link Others Automatically checked?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe I've figured out the issue with auto-linking the proxies, which is that the in the latest version of Premiere (22.2) the 'Match File Properties' for linking seemed to be causing the trip up. The default is for all the properties for linking to be checked (at least that was my experience). I believe the issue is that the 'file extension' box was checked, and the proxy files I'm working with are not the same file extension as my original 4K files. I unchecked several of the boxes (see image below), leaving file name. The proxies have been automatically attaching consistently in my tests. I hope this helps others who update Premiere and who may have a similar issue. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 12.16.07 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines