Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling an Adobe app remove preferences question

Participant ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm uninstalling some older 2021 apps as I no longer use them and the Creative Cloud app always asks if I want to keep or remove the app's preferences. 

It says Remove does this --> Remove: Removes the app notifications, alerts, interface settings, plugins, and other preferences

Now my question is does it remove plug ins like third party ones from Red Giant, etc? 

I already have the 2022 and 2023 apps installed so removing the preferences from a 2021 app would also remove those plug ins from the later versions or it somehow knows that you have them installed and keeps them there. 

Whay if I had only the 2021 app installed, would it have removed them completely?

Also is it a good idea to remove the preferences  when uninstalling an older app? Do you gain lose anything by it? I just wanted them gone so that no older folders remain on disk and everything doesn't take up more space than needed. but if it doesn't affect anything I wouldn't mind keeping them there.

thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

The plugins foder remains intact so no, it wont delete the plugins

Always a good idea to remove prefs especially if the older version had issues

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines