• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update all clips to latest version

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a script that can look at all of my clips and see if there is a newer version, if there is, update the clip to the newer version.  What would be the best way for me to go about this?  All of the clips will most likely be quicktimes and will have a version number in the file name (..._v002.mov, ..._v003.mov, etc..)

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

I managed to get some code cobbled together that works for me.  All good, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer version, where?

If you save a new filename.mov over the top of the previous filename.mov, PPro will notice.

Are you trying to change the path of the existing projectItem?

Also—why so much QuickTime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for an animated show.  Comp will be running out quicktime prores files and our editor right now is having to manually go through and update the edit every week looking for new comp versions.  For example, our directory structure is like... "y:\job\show\shot\renders\comp\shot_comp_v003.mov"  ...basically I need the script to look at the media path for each element and determine if there is a newer version, if so, point it to that file instead (ex. update shot_comp_v003.mov with shot_comp_v004.mov).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to get some code cobbled together that works for me.  All good, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bruce,

I did run into one problem... I was able to change the media path with the .projectItem.changeMediaPath() function and update the name of the clip in the bin area using .projectItem.name variable.  The problem I am having now is that the clip name on the timeline doesn't update to the new name, even though it is pointing to the new version.  How do I change the clip name on the timeline?

Also, how can I get the bin name that the clip is in?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those clips wouldn't update if you'd used PPro's UI to change the projectItem's name, either.

Get bin name = You can get the projectItem from the clip, then look at projectItem.treePath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Bruce... the bin issue is now fixed.  Would it be possible for me to send you my script so you could see if there is any way I could update the name of the clip on the timeline?  That is the last piece of the puzzle that is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. b b b at adobe dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ill send it over... interesting enough, it actually works just fine when we run it on the mac, the timeline name updates when you rename the file in the bin.  So I guess it is a bug on the pc side?  Luckily our editorial department is all mac, so we are good to go.  I will send it over just for testing reasons though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just wrote a similar script for the exact same reason. And, I can't get the clip name to change in the timeline.

How did you finally managed that last piece of the puzzle ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't supposed this script still works and you'd be willing to share it, would you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines