• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to M1 Macbook and having Premiere Pro glitches when exporting

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been exporting directly from Premiere Pro (I've tried 2022, 2021 and the new Beta) and also exporting using Media Encoder 2022 and Beta. The mp4's have flickering glitches in them, especially in the lower thirds graphic. I've never had a problem on my old Intel Mac so this is definitely an M1 Mac issue. See attached example. Thanks!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

OS 12.3 (21E230) Monterey

Apple M1 Max

32 gb ram

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the quick reply! I checked my settings and it turns out I was already using Software Encoding. I tried switching to Hardware encoding but got an error popup saying my system couldn't handle that. I did a search and found a fix for that issue (under Software Encoding, uncheck "high" then select Hardware Encoding and change the level to 5.2) Once I was able to use Hardware Encoding, the glitch went away! So for now that seems to be the solution. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the glitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KBonkers,

Hi there. Sorry for the error. It looks related to GPU accelerated effects and H.264 exports. I've been seeing more examples of this issue but I have not seen it myself. Here are a couple of tests you may want to try: 

1. Have you tried Software Encoding? 
  2. Have you tried exporting to ProRes?
  3. Have you tried turning off hardware decoding in Media Preferences?
  4. Have you tried the Beta?

Hope to help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the quick reply! I checked my settings and it turns out I was already using Software Encoding. I tried switching to Hardware encoding but got an error popup saying my system couldn't handle that. I did a search and found a fix for that issue (under Software Encoding, uncheck "high" then select Hardware Encoding and change the level to 5.2) Once I was able to use Hardware Encoding, the glitch went away! So for now that seems to be the solution. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoa, great, KBonkers. I'll pass along the solution to others now. 

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about that. Does this sound similar to you problem? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/glitches-in-exported-file-from-premiere-pro-...

Let us know if that helps.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines