• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upscaling videos - Interpolation method?

Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how is Premiere upscaling content when resizing videos on the timeline or using Auto-Reframe? What interpolation is it using? And is it possible to choose one?

Like in Photoshop, you can choose what interpolation you want to use when resizing images?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has a fixed upscale algorithm. (forgot which one).

Cannot look it up as Adobe is now in the habit of deleting old reference/blog pages.

I would go for TOPAZ, really remarkable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and pretty sure AE allows you to choose the scaling alogorithm...    Gotta say I played around with topaz about 6 months ago and didn't see much visible improvement...  Was trying to upscale AND deinterlace.  May have to do with the source material (I love the Neat Video denoise plugin but never had a source that equals what's shown in their demo)...  May have been operator error (wouldn't be the first time).    If I remember correctly, Apple compressor allows you to change the scaling algorithm (and does a pretty good job of deinterlacing).  Not the simplest of workflow since it's not integrated with Adobe apps (and unavailable for windows).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I understand correctly that there is no way to control how Premiere upscales/downscales videos, right? Is it using AI do you think?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, so from Ann's pic, Francis says Pr is totally Lanczos ... ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines