• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Usage of pen tool in in Premiere pro

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a pen tool in Premiere Pro CS3, but I could not find any usage of this pen tool in premiere Pro. I went through the help contents, still I could not find any documentation about the usage of the pen tool.

Anyone please explain me the usage of the pen tool in Premiere Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are basicly the same exept with the pen tool you can select multiple keyframes in the timeline, very usefull when working with audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also able to select multiple key frames using the default (arrow) tool, with the usage of SHIFT key (in  PC). I could not understand what is the speciality in the pen tool (which is in the timeline tool set).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Also, there is a pen tool that can be used to draw shapes..

This is from help file of Premiere Pro CS3...

Create shapes

You can use the drawing tools in the Titler to create a variety of shapes, such as rectangles, ellipses, and lines. The Titler includes standard pen tools that resemble those used in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.

my screenshot of pen tool in title window
pentool.png
Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is a pen tool in the title panel which is used to draw shapes as in other Adobe products.

But my question is about the pen tool which is is the timeline tool set. As Adobe use a "pen" icon there, it aslo must involve some sort of drawing, but there is not enought documentation about this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do a google search like this

"premiere pro cs3" pen tool

you will find about 6 items down the page a tutorial by adobe, and the contents of that tutorial is this text:

Chapter 5: WORKING WITH AUDIO (46 min)
1. Audio Preferences
2. Source Channel Mapping
3. Working with Audio in the Source Panel
4. Adding Keyframes with the Pen Tool
5. The Audio Mixer
6. Audio Mixer Automation
7. Adding Audio Effects & Filters
8. Exporting Audio

Good luck finding out exactly how it works, because I am new at this myself and have not used it yet.

Rod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pen tool, located in the toolbar next to the timeline, is used to edit effect properties on the timeline... I use to be very proficient with this in pro.  There was a drop down menu on the top left corner of each clip which offered the various effects which
are editable with these tools.  Unfortunately, now that I've upgraded to CC, these drop down menus are not appearing, although the pen tool is still available in the toolbox.  I'm guessing there may be some setting that I a missing hear.  good luck...Pen tool editing is very fun... I really enjoy visualizing my edits on the time line in comparison to trying to impose them real time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found it!!! Theres a wrench above the tool bar.... click that and select ***show keyframes....  now pen tool editing is activated, have a field day!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines