• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v23.0, now playback in source window only outputs every 2nd audio channel

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8-channel mono mxf file, dragged into timeline, correctly shows all 8 audio waveforms and monitoring is correct via UltraStudio 4K Extreme box.

But double-click the same file, and when you try to playback in the source window, only every 2nd audio channel plays.  i.e. ch 1. 3. 5. 7 etc.  The others are mute.

Any suggestions on how to restore proper all-channel playback in source view?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi.  same thin for me and my colegue. exported video has same problem. when disabling Loudnes Normalisation effect problem dissolves.    Adobe where is soliution?  my settings  in photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently looking into the two issues. @craigm61395782 , can you add some information like the OS, OS language and app language? I've quickly tested an 8 channel MXF on Mac Arm (en_US) with Black Magic as primary audio device and have no play back issues in source monitor panel. @Rimas26820047owxh, since the problem you've described is an exporter issue I will look into that later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is screens of my system settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Holger.

Thanks, please find attached some images.  Note the audio meter window which shows only every 2nd audio channel outputting in Premiere when in Source play mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rimas26820047owxh The issue is tracked as a bug now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@craigm61395782 I saw the issue once and try to find reliable repro steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@craigm61395782 @Rimas26820047owxh It seems that the functionality broke between version 22.6 and 23.0. In 22.6, which is accessible via the CC, the issue should not show up. Maybe you can try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. nothing. same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed. Tested in beta 23.2.0 (8) which is available via CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I look forward to seeing this fixed in the next official version release of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Holger.

This playback issue is now fixed in Version 23.1.0 (Build86).

However, now the scrubbing along the timeline is very sluggish.  Restarting Premiere fixes it for a short while, then it becomes sluggish again scrubbing on the sequence timeline shortly after.  It seems one thing gets fixed, then another thing breaks.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines