We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I'm really surprised Handbrake didn't fix your problem with your VFR. I don't want to assume anything but are you sure you used the correct settings in Handbrake?
I just finished recording something recently and the SD card wasn't fast enough to keep up, and so there were a lot of dropped video frames that look like stuttering and the video and audio became out of sync. I just ended up trashing the files and have to redo it.
Perhaps I wasn't using the correct settings. I followed a youtube tutorial, but only tried it once.
Here is what I did;
"File > Open single video file"
"Clicked on Video Tab, then changed Frame Rate to 29.97"
"Changed Peak Framerate to Constant Frame Rate"
Preset remained at 1080p30 (Modified)
Video Codec remained H.264 (x264)
Quality remained at 24 RF
I just tried it again in Handbrake and this time it worked
However, it took 30-45 minutes to convert a 10 minute film and the quality was pretty dire after (size: 99.2mb)
I used Wondershare Filmora 9 and that converted it within about 10 minutes and retained the quality, taking the original file size of 1.24GB and exported it at 586mb.
Is there definitely no way of achieving the same effect through Premier Pro? I seem to spend my life waiting for things to export/render these days.
Or better yet, is there a way to ensure that my webcam also records at a fixed framerate going forwards, not variable?
Many thanks for your help.
It is more ideal to record your video clips with a constant frame rate to begin with. That will save you a ton of time. But I can't help you with your web cam. You will have to find some support or forums that deal with Logitech web cameras.
Handbrake is still the official Adobe answer to this? Just double checking, I've seen screenshots of a master tab under Effect Controls with "Preservre Audio Sync" as a setting. Also wasted a lot of time searching for it.
I've tried everything to fix out of sync audio from Facebook, fairly sure it was originally shot on an iPad and uploaded as part of a live FB stream. When I download it it has a VFR but no amout of converting through Handbrake (or anything else) will fix it. It looks ok when it's first through HB but by the time I render it through AE the audio is a fraction of a second out at the end of 18 mins.
The only solution I can think of is to slice it up into sections in the hope that the audio will drift less but it's hardly practical on multiple files. I've just askd the client to film a dupe at the same time as streaming so I can acess less processed footage.
I know converting to a CFR should work but for some reason it doesn't.