• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical Lines Appearing

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When compiling a video with music, videos clips and transitions, I am getting a thin vertical line at the very beginning or end and sometimes both, of my composition.

The line is at the very edge of the frame and is usually blue, red or white. It appears for a few seconds then disappears.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

OK, that clears it up.

Don't use Dip to Black except when you want to go to black between two video clips.  Use the Film Dissolve for opening and closing fades.

Also, click the wrench under the monitor and select Overlay Settings>Settings... Uncheck the "End of media/sequence Indicators" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us.

Add Image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

line.jpg

The lines almost seem to appear and disappear with the beginning and end transition I'm applying which is usually 'dip to black'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see this in the export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so but I don't have access to those files right now.

The screen shot I posted was from an uploaded video to You Tube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export again.  Take a look and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The export does have the line and in fact the live project shows the line as well.

I removed the 'dip to black' transition and the line disappears at the beginning of the project.

When I remove the 'dip to black' transition at the end of the project, there is a purple band that appears on the right of the screen.

I haven't exported that version to see if that shows up in the finished video.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the transition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that clears it up.

Don't use Dip to Black except when you want to go to black between two video clips.  Use the Film Dissolve for opening and closing fades.

Also, click the wrench under the monitor and select Overlay Settings>Settings... Uncheck the "End of media/sequence Indicators" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines