Vertical Proxy is Stretched

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I'm ripping my hair out trying to edit a simply social media edit. It was filmed vertically at 4k 30fps and even at 1/8 playback quality my computer is struggling. I tried creaating a proxy but it was stretched. So I created an ingest preset "ProRes Proxy 720x1280p". I imported the ingest preset to premiere and ran them through the media encoder and the exact same thing is happening. The image is stretched. Ill attatch a screenshot of the stretched video preview and one of the settings right before I saved it as a preset.

Also, I consider myself an advanced video editor but I get super confused with everyones vocabulary. So If you're talking technical terms can you put in parentheses what it means. Haha Thanks guys!Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.27.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.29.56 AM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the sequence settings? Click in the timeline panel so it's got that thin blue "focus" line around it, then go to the main menu system, Sequence, and check the sequence framesize settings. Change if needed.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Transcode the 4k 30fps 2160-by-3840 source to ProRes422 LT, maintaining the frame size and frame rate in Adobe Media Encoder.   If using macOS you can right-click the clips in the Finder and choose Encode Selected Video, but the results will be ProRes422 not ProRes422 LT.  Yes, the files will be very large, but that's why they're good for editing with the Premiere Pro Proxy Workflow.

Use the resulting 2160-by-3840 30fps ProRes422 LT as the Full Resolution footage in Premiere Pro (not the camera original footage) for the Proxy Workflow, creating/attaching 720-by-1280 ProRes422 Proxy files.

There should be no distortion when Proxies are enabled.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines