Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video distorted and pixellated in preview and rendering from Premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video distorted and pixellated in preview and rendering from Premiere pro:

I recorded a video on a web camera (Nexigo N60) which is a 1080p camera and records 30fps

I edited the video in premiere pro with the addition of photos but I have seen distortion and pixellation in both the  preview mode and rendering.

I have seen other answers to similar problems on this website but the suggestions have not worked for me. What have I done wrong, someone please help, I ve attached some pictures which show my rendering settings and the pictures of distortion, I look  forward to your help anyone, cheers in advance! 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

...but I have seen distortion and pixellation in both the  preview mode and rendering.

By @default8r091wrtpor5

You donĀ“t mention what other suggestions you have tried, but those distortions are typical for footage that the Premiere Pro importer has trouble decoding. 

In 9.9 out of 10 times the solution is to simple rewrap the source footage and use the new files as source files. Rewrapping is fast and you can do it with the free app Shutter Encoder encoding|converting video FREE PC|Mac

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off max render and max depth and hardware encoding.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering but I tried this and it still pixellated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem,
I try render without max renderer & max depth etc.
it's still not rendered corectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but I have seen distortion and pixellation in both the  preview mode and rendering.

By @default8r091wrtpor5

You donĀ“t mention what other suggestions you have tried, but those distortions are typical for footage that the Premiere Pro importer has trouble decoding. 

In 9.9 out of 10 times the solution is to simple rewrap the source footage and use the new files as source files. Rewrapping is fast and you can do it with the free app Shutter Encoder encoding|converting video FREE PC|Mac

If the source footage has a variable bitrate now is the the time to conform it to a constant framerate as well.

Try it on one of the files you have trouble with today and do it for the rest of the files if it works. Use the Replace Footage command in Premiere Pro to replace the original files with the rewrapped files.

Averdahl_0-1635254516536.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This advice did work, thanks for that but I cant get past the fact that I needed an extra encoder to make my videos good, so it makes me wonder why adobe media encoder couldnt do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but I cant get past the fact that I needed an extra encoder to make my videos good, so it makes me wonder why adobe media encoder couldnt do that.

By @default8r091wrtpor5

It makes me wonder as well to be honest. This has been an issue for many years but Adobe never fixes the failing MPEG Importer. Editing applications from competitors donĀ“t suffer from this and i think itĀ“s time for Adobe to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If its an .MP4 file use an online converter to convert the original footage from .MP4 to .MOV and it should work fine šŸ™‚ Use that .MOV clip for editing in AE/Premiere. 

{do not use Adobe media encoder to convert the .MP4 to .MOV cause it will still have the distort and pixellation.}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines