Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video is gone after exporting

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I exported a portion of my timeline (to post on youtube), and now the video has disappeared, even though the audio tracks remain.

Is there any way to reverse this problem? (Or avoid it from happening in the future)

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see how Premiere Pro could have done that.

Check your backups and autosaves.

Are you sure you are looking at the right sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 100% sure I have the right sequence and Premier Pro did in fact do it.

Luckily I have an autosave, but it hasn't recovered the changes that I made subsequently.

Mostly I want to know how to prevent this from happening again and if there's any way to recover what I had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same thing.  I put together a 56 second video with audio.  I rendered and everything looks great on the timeline.  when i export to my desktop, the video part is missing.  my project settings are set to H.264 and "software only"  can you help.  it may very well be my error, i just don't know how to fix it.  thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same thing.

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is almost certainly operator error.  Premiere Pro has no built-in functionality to clear the timeline after export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping for something more constructive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's about as "constructive" as we can get. Between PeruBob and Jim Simon, if they're not familiar with PrPro doing something like this ... the probability is extremely low that it can. I've not seen or heard of this either, for myself or here on the Adobe forums. Not necessarily impossible ... just the probability is rather low, shall we say. Way too many other things are far more probable.

So ... that leaves us back with the suggestion that something happened within your computer.

1) Is the original media still on disc where it was?

2) Have you tried deleting the PrPro cache files? You'll find where they are in your Edit/Preferences/Media Cache tab ... I'd suggest looking there for the location, then navigating to them with Finder or Explorer, then shutting down PrPro and deleting everything in those folders manually.

3) If the above doesn't fix it, try creating a new project, then in Media Browser, navigating to the project file for this program and select/import that into the new project ... and see if that works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me too. I exported a project I worked on for 3 days and it's totally gone. I looked everywhere. So angry and frustrated. THis never happened to me before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Have a video clip that after exporting, all is there, including audio, except the video portion of the girl speaking.  Wish someone could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something you have to figure out yourself what happend.

If files disappear its most likely by the hand of the user. Premiere does not delete files by itself.

Resort to auto save or a backup you made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't delete them by itself, but apparently their devs lately don't do what their paid to either, so now the program doesn't correctly render the files itself either.  I've had issues where I've exported the same file 4 times trying to get it exported for upload to a server only to have the file disappear after the export completes.  Like Adobe is designed to send business to someone who didn't decide that dropping the ball was a good idea.  

Sadly, that means I cannot leave this to export a longer video and do something in the meantime, because I'd have to eyeball the (bleep)'n thing to make sure it isn't going to mysteriously get lost...again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you exporting directly to the server?

Try a local drive first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines