• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning: AME presets have "VR" button checked by default

Enthusiast ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to fix this promptly. I just did a brand new install of CC 2020 on a brand new machine. If you use any of the included H.264 presets in the latest version of CC 2020—take, for instance, the innocuously named "Youtube Full HD 1080p" preset—your videos are actually being exported with the "Video is VR" box checked by default, meaning when you upload them to Youtube, they are being incorrectly interpreted and displayed as 360 degree VR videos. Why this button is checked by default is beyond me. Seems like an error that needs correcting.

Check your settings carefully before you export and uncheck this box before encoding (unless you actually are doing VR videos of course)!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X or Windows?

I am on Windows 10 and the preset for H.264, Youtube Full HD 1080p does not have "Video is VR" checked by default. I tested other YT presets as well and none have "Video is VR" checked by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button is not by default on (at least not in my version)

Might want to trash prefernces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in MacOS Catalina.

I know it's not my setup because this is on a brand new fresh install of CC on a brand new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this behavior on my installation.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina 10.15.2,  Premiere Pro 14.0.0

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When did you install Premiere? This is on a brand new, fresh install on a new machine. I just downloaded it an hour ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 6 weeks ago.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that this is an isolated incident.

I most frequently use H264 Match Source - High Bit Rate and H264 Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate, but a quick look through the Preset Settings in the Preset Browser shows that "Video is VR" is enabled or not enabled as expected.

I've included some screen shots for those that may want to double-check this on their own but not know where to look for the "Video is VR" setting.

-Warren

Adobe Media Encoder 2020 Preset Browser Tab showing two presets selected.Adobe Media Encoder 2020 Preset Browser Tab showing two presets selected.

Non-VR preset with Video is VR not enabled.Non-VR preset with Video is VR not enabled.VR preset with Video is VR enabled.VR preset with Video is VR enabled.Adobe Media Encoder 2020 (v14)Adobe Media Encoder 2020 (v14)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having that experience at all. Take a look at my screenshot, it's the default settings for "Youtube Full HD 1080p" yet the VR box is checked.

Can someone do a clean install of the latest CC 2020 and see if they have this issue? I've reinstalled after deleting preferences and it's still doing this.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 11.50.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck the box and make your own preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is something either in your Preferences folder or somewhere else withing Premiere's numerous bits & pieces. So ... try Ann's suggestion to Trash Preferences or do an uninstall with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, then reboot/reinstall. 

I know the instructions for the CC Cleaner Tool say to use the CC app to do the uninstall, but often doing things that way means the CC Cleaner doesn't "see" anything to remove. Use it to do the full job, the uninstall AND the cleanup, it ... works.

And I've never figured out why so many insist that any anomaly that shows up on their machine must be a complete app-wide thing with bazillions of others getting it. But then ... I've had experience with the app enough to know that it can do weird stuff all by its lonesome on one machine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not isolated. There's numerous forums about it, and I see it on my system too. But only sometime. One theory is that AME assumes any video that is wider than 16:9 is VR. For example my current batch of 3840x1920 exports. https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder/suggestions/42816098-media-encoder-mis...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere Pro and Media Encoder are you running and under which OS?

As long as the Projection pop-up for VR Properties in the Sequence Settings is set to "None", this should pass through to the "Video is VR" checkbox in Media Encoder unless a VR preset is chosen.

WarrenHeaton_0-1651532964082.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a user awhile back who got this, and when we finally go through his full ECP ... he had used a VR effect on his timeline. That might be at play for some.

So: make sure you're not using any VR effects if it ain't VR.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, having this same issue actually. Saw the replies and thought, ok something got checked on my end but no. Media Encoder has VR checked by default on "Match Source - High bitrate" Medium and Low. These are built-in Adobe presets.  I don't have any VR in my After Effects Timeline and I don't even see where VR can be set in the composition setting. So,,,, I have the impression this is Adobe's doing.

I'm on Mac 12.4 with a 2022 latest install of CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-05-28 at 6.38.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, as it's not showing that in the presets on my Win10 laptop or desktop ... huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

Posting in an attempt to bring attention to this issue. I export lots of videos at all sorts of aspect ratios headed for all kinds of destination without issue. However, I've had two youtube premieres recently go awry because of this issue. In both cases it occurs when exporting at video at a 2:1 aspect ratio. When exporting at this ratio, the "Video is VR" becomes checked by default. As this setting is well below the fold in the export settings, I typically would not review it, having forgotten it is there. Video plays as expected in Finder, Quicktime, and Dropbox preview, but when uploaded to Youtube, the VR metadata is recognized and the video displays as such. 

Yes, in an ideal world, we should be dillegently reviewing ALL of our export settings, due to the volume of work, and different versions needed, this just ends up taking time. Yes, I sent a video to a client to post and didn't check the link before the premiere; this was unprofessional on my part, I will not be making this mistake again, but I do feel with all the new fearures being jammed into Premiere, it's becoming ever more difficult to manage and maintain trusted workflows. 

I produce VR videos from time to time, and the configuration of sequence settings and export settings requires a lot more foresight. I find that creating these projects requires a great deal more INTENTION, and thus, when I am INTENTIONALLY creating a VR video, I tend to review my export settings and check "Video is VR" accordingly (I don't recall ever having seen it checked by default before).

So I propose putting the onus of this checkbox on VR creators (they are going to be the ones scrolling to the bottom of the export settings to check on it anyway), instead of arbitrarily defaulting it for the rest of us.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fergus H I just went through the flow of figuring out where this was happening and found that Premiere isn't applying "Video is VR" it is actually being applied when I'm compressing the video in Media Encoder. Again, I have only seen this happen with videos that are 2:1 aspect ration (have also tried 16:9 and 9:16)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me. Checked by default. Thanks for this thread, it was perplexing me for a couple hours. Geesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just ran into this. It checked the box for my existing presets which always had it unchecked, so now I have to redo my presets. So dumb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines