• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer causes black frame at the end of a clip.

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to the 2020 Version of PP I'm regularly getting black frames at the ends of clips which didn't happen before.

Happens on multiple machines, on my windows and mac systems. So far mostly happens to canon 700d footage.

I can cut off the last frame and everything works again, but thats just very time consuming to get back to every clip after it is stabilized to check for the ending and if left in the render will fail. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

I think I'll just follow this topic up, since it has been solved for me without doing anything. Contrary to many solutions mentioned here, it has nothing to do with the camera, codec or any other file format.
For me this Problem only ocurred in Project files that where converted from one Premiere version to the newer version. All clips in those timelines seemingly where bugged, so that the warp stabilizer red them differently. Resizing each individual clip fixed this for me.

Every timeline created

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us detailed video specs please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1920 x 1080p, 29,97 frames - in a matching timeline

Shot on Canon 700D

File Format & Compression: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

The stabilizer Settings seem not to make a difference, only when set to systhesize borders I get an image but thats not an option for my workflow.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously it seems quite strange what is happening with your clip because it seems that everything is normal in its configuration for a Stabilized, you are sure that the sequence has the same specs as the clip, right?  I have heard some issues related to clips recorded with this camera. I will try to find a solution and as soon as I have it I write to you, meanwhile we hope that some ACP partner can help us a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with this footage and this camera for a couple of years and the stabilisation alsways worked perfectly, only with this new update I started getting the Issues. I first thought there might be something bad with the current project file, but it carried on to all the projects. Otherwise I might have to check if I can work with the older version, but getting the Problem fixed would be a lot better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. Shooting with a Canon C300MKII. Is this problem already been solved?

Regards,

Seppe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that didn't help. Plus I now have to re-enter in my preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it did work you still had to restore your preferences.......

You can store your preference in the cloud.

Upload a short clip for testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but it's really hard for me to recreate that problem. The main file I'm having this issue with is a 4gb file of a customer interview, wich for legal reasons I can't share and I've tried other files where I thought I had the problem, but in my testing they worked.
Whenever I put the same file in the same timeline and take a short bit out of it, it works. But the Clips I've put in the timeline earlier and cut them down to the important parts somehow seem ruined. I don't know how they got cursed, but even when there is no other effect on them and no matter how short the clip is, the stabilizer does not work at the last frame.

It's just very annoying for me, because I'm editing a couple of long interviews and whenever I'm ready to cut between the cameras, the footage seems to be ruined. At that point it's just an absolute pain to check for the faulty clips, because it's a single frame between thousands and the render error does not really help in finding that frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share media for us to test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but it's really hard for me to recreate that problem. The main file I'm having this issue with is a 4gb file of a customer interview, wich for legal reasons I can't share and I've tried other files where I thought I had the problem, but in my testing they worked.
Whenever I put the same file in the same timeline and take a short bit out of it, it works. But the Clips I've put in the timeline earlier and cut them down to the important parts somehow seem ruined. I don't know how they got cursed, but even when there is no other effect on them and no matter how short the clip is, the stabilizer does not work at the last frame.

It's just very annoying for me, because I'm editing a couple of long interviews and whenever I'm ready to cut between the cameras, the footage seems to be ruined. At that point it's just an absolute pain to check for the faulty clips, because it's a single frame between thousands and the render error does not really help in finding that frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FFMPEG solution doesn't sound reasonable to me. I guess the problem mostly occurred on files i've created before the update and everything since then semms to work. When I doubleclicked a faulty clip and dragd it back in from the source window, the file was fine but just a frame shorter. So It has to be some sort of timeline bug, where the same clip has different legths somewhere.
The problem for me was in the timeline and not in the files themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problems, I was on version 13.1 and had the same issue and have just updated to version 14.0 and the problem continues. I am using a Sony A7iii and have matched sequence setting to footage too. I hope there is a software fix as I cannot afford time to cut of frames with every clip and transitions also cause a problem where I have to know fade one video track out on the track above as cross dissolving creates a black clip even after trimming the video back one frame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing this is a specific A7iii issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and could not export my video. I nested my clip then added warp stabilizer and it got rid of the black frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also happening to me. At first I didn't realize it was warp stablizer that was dropping my frames, as I've been editing a feature. (Couln't pin-point the problem.)  Every cut I would export would have an error. So I started setting my in and out points in small sections, render the selections, until it would give me the error. This showed me about where my issue was. Finally, I found the missing frame. To my surprise, warp stabilzer was on the clip(s) has have causing the poblem. It's now Novemeber 2020. Still not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not resolved. And here's another thread, with some Adobe team involvement: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/warp-stabilizer-causes-black-frame-at-end-of-cut/m-p/116...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'll just follow this topic up, since it has been solved for me without doing anything. Contrary to many solutions mentioned here, it has nothing to do with the camera, codec or any other file format.
For me this Problem only ocurred in Project files that where converted from one Premiere version to the newer version. All clips in those timelines seemingly where bugged, so that the warp stabilizer red them differently. Resizing each individual clip fixed this for me.

Every timeline created in any later version did not have this problem and even converting to even newer versions did not cause this problem for me anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you clarify when you mean exactly by "resizing each individual clip"? Do you mean with the motion effects? Or footage interpretation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so it's the most dumb version of fixing it. I've just shortened every clip by one frame and extended it back to it's intended length. Afterwards as usual the warp stabilizer needs to re-analyze, so it's a pretty manual process, but that was the fastest fix for my usecase so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying!
Yeah well, back in the days people had to cut in film, so I take this for granted. 🙂

Regards,

Seppe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only fix I've found through troubleshooting this problem on my own is, I nest the video clip in the sequence and then I clip off the black frame at the end. Not ideal but this issue is about as frustrating as it gets.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines