• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer Disables Proxies

Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I add warp stabilizer to a clip in Premiere, it stops using proxies altogether. I understand that stabilizing analysis needs to run on the original footage, not a proxy, but after analysis is complete, shouldn't proxies turn back on? Whether proxies are enabled or not, the original footage is shown on any clip with Warp stabilizer. And, even if Global FX Mute is on, the stabilization is removed but the original footage remains instead of the proxy. That prevents me from working without the proxies if the originals are on another drive, and seriously affects performance. I now just apply warp stabilizer as one of the last editing steps and then just grit my teeth. Is this function a bug or an intended feature? Why is warp stabilizer the only effect I've used that doesn't obey normal proxy mode and global FX mute?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Warp Stabilizer is among the special-case analysis effects that will display the Full Res (ignoring Toggle Proxies). There is a note of this in one of the Help docs.

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Ingest and Proxy Workflow in Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

When you render Previews, Export Media or use certain Analysis effects (Warp Stabilizer, Rolling Shutter Repair, Morph Cut), Premiere Pro always uses and displays Full Res, regardless of the Toggle/Enable Proxies setting. The only exception is when you have

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying all proxies are disabled, or only those clips with WS applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only those with WS applied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether proxies are enabled or not, the original footage is shown on any clip with Warp stabilizer.

That is correct. Just disable Warp in the Effect controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I have sequences where most of the footage is stabilized, so the only way to enable or disable WS on the whole sequence is to simply remove the effect from all the footage, which loses the analysis data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp Stabilizer is among the special-case analysis effects that will display the Full Res (ignoring Toggle Proxies). There is a note of this in one of the Help docs.

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Ingest and Proxy Workflow in Premiere Pro CC 2015.3

When you render Previews, Export Media or use certain Analysis effects (Warp Stabilizer, Rolling Shutter Repair, Morph Cut), Premiere Pro always uses and displays Full Res, regardless of the Toggle/Enable Proxies setting. The only exception is when you have Offline Full Res, but Proxy is Online, then Proxy is used.

The current possible workarounds are to Offline your Full Res clips or disable Warp Stabilizer in the Effect Controls tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am having another warp stabilizer problem. When I add warp stabilizer to a file, it turns on the proxy and exports my low res proxy file as part of my finished sequence. I do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but this is one of the dumbest things I've seen come out of Adobe.

When I made my full res clip go offline, PP didn't even do any extra analysis or stabalising: it literally just applied the effect to the proxy file. WHY NOT JUST DO THIS TO BEGIN WITH!? Why do I have to turn my full res clip offline to be able to view Warp Stabalizer on the proxy file that I've already created and have toggled on? Only to have to relink every piece of media I have this effect applied to before exporting. This is utterly inane.

I've just come over from Final Cut, which has zero bugs, a great UI, and full functionality. It feels like death by a thousand cuts at the moment trying to wrestle with Premiere Pro, and I would NEVER recommend any video professional use this lumbering hunk of garbage. So much time spent Googling ridiculous bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That all makes sense except for Global FX Mute. If it disables all effects, even master clip effects, shouldn't the stabilized clips revert to proxies, just like they would if you disable the effect individually in Effect Controls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, it appears that the last part of my response got cut off. I also consider the Global FX Mute an issue and it is already logged for developer investigation. The possible workarounds would also apply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found a bug where if you start warp stabilizer with the proxy toggle set to off or on, and then during analysis, change the toggle setting, the analysis freezes and the program becomes unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really would be great to have the global effects mute also disable warp stabilizer. Is this feature available yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines