• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waves Clarity Vx Pro Apple M1 - only works in Rosetta?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how many of you are using Clarity Vx from Waves. On Apple M1 processor, it only produces a loud buzzing on the M1 Native version of Premiere Pro. Works fine on Rosetta. Workflow for now is loading Intel (Rosetta) version to do audio processing or offloading audio to another audio app. Anyone else have the problem?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That sounds like a nasty bug. I apologize. While I investigate, please file a bug report and place the URL here. I'll upvote it and pass it along to our audio engineers. I hope I can help. 

If anyone in the community is also experiencing the problem, I hope we can team up and solve this one or find a workaround for you other than Rosetta.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just get the update. It is now M1 native and works in Premiere Pro and other applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the upgrade to Ventura. It still won't run Clarity without Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest version of Clarity. I have used Apple silicon version in Premiere Pro and Cubase 12 without any problems. I originally started this thread when Rosetta was the only option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running in Logic X Pro.

I'm using v13, it should work, according to this: https://www.waves.com/support/waves-with-apple-silicon-processors

Perhaps you're using v14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. I am using version 14. Version 13 required Rosetta in the VST plug-ins. I can't comment on the Audio Units versions used in Logic. Waves Version 13 was M1 native EXCEPT for Clarity Vx and something else.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with freshly downloaded and installed Clarity Vx on a Mac Mini M2 Pro. If I run Audition with Rosetta, I can use that plugin. If I don't, I get extremely loud buzzing and no sound. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently purchased Waves Clarity VX, the basic version. When downloading and installing the software, the plugins for Adobe Premiere 24.1 on Mac Studio Sonoma 14.1.2 could not be found. After contacting Waves support, they reported to be working on a fix so that it will begin to function. So I'm dead in the water, not being able to use it. Hopefully, it will be available soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate