• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to the Premiere Pro SDK Forum!

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, and welcome to this new forum, which is the place to discuss the Premiere Pro Software Development Kit, publicly available at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/premiere/

There is definitely a wealth of development experience out there, and so we hope that this forum will help the Premiere Pro community by providing a centralized, searchable forum for all developers to collaborate and get answers to questions not already answered by the SDK documentation.

Let's start by asking: Who are you, and what are you developing using the Premiere Pro SDK?

My role is to produce the Premiere Pro and After Effects SDKs, and help our third-party developers develop plug-ins and otherwise integrate with Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Hi Eddie, Stan,

Great to have you guys here!

@ Eddie: I absolutely agree that's it's about time the Premiere Pro SDK got its own forum.

@ Stan: Yep, it's really good to have more synergy back and forth between After Effects and Premiere Pro.  The SDKs are fairly different, just like the focus of the two apps.  After Effects plug-ins are everywhere as you say.  Premiere Pro supports many effects plug-ins developed using the After Effects SDK, and that support is steadily improving version by version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2010 Apr 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zac, it's great to see this forum finally arrive. It's been a long time coming. I'm not aware of any other public forum for PPro SDK users to share their experience. Personally, I use the SDK for custom effects and transitions for my own use. If ever I have the time to polish them up I may release some of them for general use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2010 Apr 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zak, thanks for announcing/creating this forum.  I once downloaded the SDK, and my fantasy motivation was to improve the capture function (why can't Premiere's SD - only in those days - be as good as Scenalyzer's), didn't find a function for such an interface, and gave up - after all, it was a fantasy.  But I keep thinking about options.

I particularly like that your hat covers Premiere and After Effects.  After Effects plug ins are huge; Premiere's not so much.  Encouraging energy to the SDK has to be good.

Now I almost sent this note when you first posted it, but got busy.  My motivation to post it today was just for this:

Hey Eddie!  Long time no see a post from you.  You look as good as ever, but it is the same picture isn't it? Ha, ha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan Jones wrote:

[...]

Hey Eddie!  Long time no see a post from you.  You look as good as ever, but it is the same picture isn't it? Ha, ha!

Hey Stan, good to see you too. You look way better than I do.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stan, good to see you too. You look way better than I do

I don't know, Eddie.  Stan kinda looks like a real dog to me.

Good to hear from you again.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Bellune wrote:

I don't know, Eddie.  Stan kinda looks like a real dog to me.

Good to hear from you again.

-Jeff

Ah, but you've never seen me unshaven.

Good to hear from you too.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woof!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eddie, Stan,

Great to have you guys here!

@ Eddie: I absolutely agree that's it's about time the Premiere Pro SDK got its own forum.

@ Stan: Yep, it's really good to have more synergy back and forth between After Effects and Premiere Pro.  The SDKs are fairly different, just like the focus of the two apps.  After Effects plug-ins are everywhere as you say.  Premiere Pro supports many effects plug-ins developed using the After Effects SDK, and that support is steadily improving version by version.  The Premiere Pro SDK allows developers to write plug-ins to integrate hardware, provide accelerated encoding/decoding, support new file formats, etc.  It's the way hardware companies provide deep integration with Premiere Pro.  In a lot of cases, these components are referred to as "drivers", but they're actually plug-ins built using the Premiere Pro SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines