• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the best way to balance voice and music?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work on a place with different editors and everyone adjusts the voice and music levels by ear and I have watched many tutorials on YouTube to find a way to automatize the process but I haven't find a good way to do it. So I would like to see if you can help me with that. The videos are similar to this where is just the voice over alonf with images and music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6gCrGeZfA&t=383s

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey vxmxac,

Do you intend to set a specific amplitude for all your audio files throughout your projects? If so, then you should check out the Audio Normalisation feature in Premiere. If you need to set the amplitude of your music whenever a voice over comes and goes, then please try the Audio Ducking feature. You can learn how to use it here. This should save you some time as well as standardise your workflow. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try that. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vxmxac , all of your editors are right. Best thing is use your ear, don't use headphone, but use your ear. 0db for a specific voice is not same as another, so use the ear.

For best result, on voice track/audio track usually i added these effect :

Noise reduction -> EQ -> Limiter.

Limiter is important to limit the loudness of sound, so clipped will not occure. Then, adjust the volume with your ear.

---

If you want to adjust you voice track with your music track, you can use ducking from essential sound panel.

OR, my favorite one, using sidechain.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines