• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I import a file into premiere pro there is only audio and no video

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a file into premiere pro there is only audio and no video yes i have selected v1 and yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled it can anybody suggest something fix it thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

When you import a file and get no video, this usually means that the VIDEO CODEC of your file is either corrupt, missing or not supported. It will usually just play audio and video portion will be blank screen or missing altogether. This can also be do to issues with your video card. For starters can you tell us what type of file you are importing or what type of camera it came from?

Just FYI--here is the official Adobe Premiere File Format Support List: Premiere Pro CC supported file formats

Beyo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anybody suggest something to fix it thanks.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import a file and get no video, this usually means that the VIDEO CODEC of your file is either corrupt, missing or not supported. It will usually just play audio and video portion will be blank screen or missing altogether. This can also be do to issues with your video card. For starters can you tell us what type of file you are importing or what type of camera it came from?

Just FYI--here is the official Adobe Premiere File Format Support List: Premiere Pro CC supported file formats

Beyond knowing what file you are importing here is a list of possible things you can try:

• VERIFY FILE FORMAT IS SUPPORTED: Double-check the Premiere Pro file support list to make sure your file is supported.

• RE-ENCODE FILE: You can use Adobe Media Encoder (but chances are if it doesn't work in Premiere it probably won't in Encoder either). Try to re-encode using another encoder or a player like MPEG Streamclip, Quicktime Player, Assimilate Scratch Play, VLC, and there are many others.

• UPDATE VIDEO CARD: Make sure your video card is up to date. If you video card was recently updated, you might need to roll it back to an older driver.

Depending on the CODEC of your VIDEO FILE, you may need to download and install the codecs on your machine with some cameras or third party or Legacy codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the file is supported

the re-encode didnt work

it is upto date

that didn’t work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t worry it just started working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. How was your issue corrected? Did you do anything to fix it, or did it seemingly fix itself (with no clear explanation available)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyle,

Are you talking about importing the file into the project or editing a clip to the timeline? If the latter, check out this article: https://fstoppers.com/education/understand-source-patching-and-track-targeting-adobe-premiere-pro-18...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having this same issue, except one or two of the files I'm uploading from my camera will drop into the sequencer, but anything beyond that will only appear as audio. The files are all of the same type with the same codec and from the same source. What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the thread. Kevin has the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution is make sure your V1 button is blue/selected on the source patching side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

callums60738924  escribió

When I import a file into premiere pro

What file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i also faced this issue you must have to see that your videos that you have imported into premier pro should have different name because when i imported video files with same name i cant able to import video but only audio and when i change the name of file (2) the issue got resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines