Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When replacing footage, all clips are delayed

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have an already edited montage, but now I managed to get higher quality footage.

Before I started editing I converted an mkv file to mp4 using vlc's built in converter, but now I've come to realize that If I want the best quality, I should convert it using ffmpeg. And that's what I did.

But If I try to replace the footage now, with the higher quality ffmpeg version, all the clips are somehow delayed by a few seconds.

From my quick test it seems the "contents" of the clips are about 7 seconds behind, but the clips themselves are in the same position and are the same length. I can't for the life of my figure out why.

All help is appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jan293116967bfo  Perhaps when encoding the material, you did not take into account the bitrate setting. In the settings of the program through which you encode, check whether the bitrate is variable or constant. You need a constant bitrate. Try again. Otherwise, use Hand Brake to encode into the format .MP4. There is such a possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try clearing the disk cache from the Premiere Pro preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or possibly when transcoding with ffmpeg you didn't do it with the same framerate as the original clips. Make sure you have transcoded to exactly the same framerate and that it is constant (CFR). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the transcoded file the same length as the original, put them both on a new timeline and compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Richard M Knight 

" From my quick test it seems the "contents" of the clips are about 7 seconds behind, but the clips themselves are in the same position and are the same length. I can't for the life of my figure out why".

Here is the answer to your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines