Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I check API updates?

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys, I hope that everything is ok 😃

I'm actually using PR 14.0, because, even being quite "old", it is the most recent version that allows me to do some specific stuff through the API and Extendscript. 

That's the point: where can I check API updates, in order to understand if specific functionalities are implemented in new versions? 

Moreover: is it possible to "vote" for API next updates, somewhere? 

Thanks a lot 😃 

TOPICS
How to , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

it is the most recent version that allows me to do some specific stuff through the API and Extendscript

What specific stuff is keeping you on unsupported older versions? 

>where can I check API updates

https://ppro-scripting.docsforadobe.dev

We've also recently updated the PProPanel sample. 

You're welcome to make API feature requests here; we've done very little to the ExtendScript API, as we focus instead on getting a UXP version of PPro's APIs, ready to share with third parties.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is the most recent version that allows me to do some specific stuff through the API and Extendscript

What specific stuff is keeping you on unsupported older versions? 

>where can I check API updates

https://ppro-scripting.docsforadobe.dev

We've also recently updated the PProPanel sample. 

You're welcome to make API feature requests here; we've done very little to the ExtendScript API, as we focus instead on getting a UXP version of PPro's APIs, ready to share with third parties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce, thanks a lot for your quick response, as always 😃

>What specific stuff is keeping you on unsupported older versions? 

the feature that gave me most problems was to change text layers in mogrt components.

In PR 14.0 I have the possibility to do it with some workaround that I found here in the Adobe Support Community, using JSON2 . 

>>  we focus instead on getting a UXP version of PPro's APIs, ready to share with third parties.

Such UXP will be open also to "everyday users"? I'm not a professional developer, sometimes I develop something but just to have my own workflow simpler =). 

Thanks again  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gianmarco5CFC,
Are you talking about the ability to change Mogrt text created in PP using JSON2?

If so, could you please share the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines