Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I process this? Optical flow + resize image

Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does premiere not let me do this with a video clip ?:
change speed to slow motion (with optical flow), resize video on effects controls and then process selection?
It only allows me to do one thing. Not both at the same time.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

I need you to try 2 things :

1- nest the clip after the optical flow and the slowmotion effect then scale it

if it doesn't work try this one:

2- put an adjustment layer above the clip then add to the adjustment layer the transform effect so here you scale the clip using the transform effect in the adjustment layer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

Can you please provide us with your pc specs? Premiere pro version? And which renderer option you're choosing ... go to project settings - general - renderer 

and what do you mean by not letting you do this?when you do the 2 effects after each other? It gives you an error when you do it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version. But this happened to me several years ago. (pc mid-range).
Suppose you have a 1 second video and you change the speed so that it lasts 2 seconds and then you apply optical flow. The yellow line above changes to red so you select the 2 second track and process the selection. That works perfect. But if I want to resize the track in effects control I can no longer process the video. It only remains in yellow.
Changes can only be seen when rendering.
Maybe it can't be done like when you resize the video and then want to stabilize it, but in this case Premiere warns you. In this case that I mention, that does not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have exactly same issue. Have you found solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need you to try 2 things :

1- nest the clip after the optical flow and the slowmotion effect then scale it

if it doesn't work try this one:

2- put an adjustment layer above the clip then add to the adjustment layer the transform effect so here you scale the clip using the transform effect in the adjustment layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks both worked 

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines