• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't my brand new computer handle subtitling?

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey y'all, 

I just got a new MacBook pro with the M2 chip. It was handling everything in premiere pretty much perfectly until recently when it slowed wayyyy down when I'm working on subtitles. This is a massive project with a lot of 4K footage, but I'm running proxies and playing back at 1/8 quality. Can someone troubleshoot this with me? 

Thanks!

Fin

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Fin dePencier,

What version of the software are you working with?

Try disabling "show duplicate frames" in the timeline in question and see if that improves anything.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm working with 23.2.0 , 

When i deleted one of the subtitle tracks it appears to be working a little faster (I have 4, working with different languages), where do i find the duplicate frames option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this workaround applies in 23.2.0, but the "show duplicate frame markers" option is under the wrench symbol in the timeline panel. Try working with it unchecked.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fin,

See my post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/lag-in-captions-when-editing-in-text-screen-...

Remote Index adds a good workaround that has helped some users (duplicate frame marker).

Your comment about 4 tracks is helpful information. How many captions per track? How long is the sequence?

Duplicate your sequence and back up your project. In the duplicate, just disable (click the eyball) but do not delete 3 of the tracks. Does that speed it up?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posted this, but I'm having a major issue with the duplicate frame indicator making my timeline unuseable. Totally fine once it's turned off. Definitely think it has to do with the clip captions. Didn't have this just captioning the sequence in prevous versions. Adobe please fix! 

Mac Studio (2022), 

Apple M1 Max

64 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format is your source video?

Switching to ProRes (LT for social media, HQ for broadcast) will likey resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's ProRes LT at 1080p. Been cutting with that for years with no issues. Tried both a SDD and HDD. This is definitely a Premiere bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found ProRes source in a Sequence with Video Previews set to matchung ProRes to work very well with Caption Tracks enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines