• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Premiere not support this WAV audio file?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is a very strange problema. I have a bunch of wav files, which the soundguy for a project gave me. She can play them, in VLC and ADOBE programs, on various computers at his home. But in my house no PC or Premiere or Audition can. Premiere says "unsupported format", but is wav. VLC and Windows Media and Quicktime says it's not supported, or the file extension is wrong, or the file is corrupt. It's not corrupted, the soundguy can open it and edit it and play it. Audition says "Media foundation error opening file. The byte stream type of the provided URL is not supported", what in the name of God its the meaning of that.

More details, please read this too: First, this error is not given to me by all wav files, only half, and the soundguy can open and play and edit all of them. Second, I tried to receive the files by google drive and wetransfer, in both I have these errors, I still do not receive them directly from the original SD, but because I feel that it will not work for this reason. At the sound engineer's house they tried downloading the files from the same Drive and Wetransfer to see if they were somehow damaged when uploading them, but it also downloads them without problems, and you can open, edit and play them. In all of his PC. The problem appears only at my home? Third. It turns out that on one shooting day, sound gave me the recorded audios of the day directly from the SD, and when I check them it also happens to me that half of them throw me that same error. But it happens that in the file explorer, the files with errors appear to me with the translucent VLC icon, with less opacity, another madness.

What is going on? Its a codec problem? A driver problem? Thanks for reading.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use something like Shutter Encoder to convert the files to one that will work. https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt work: "Invalid data found when processing input"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt import to Shutter Encoder? The export from SE fails, PP does not accept the SE exported files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No pude ingresar el archivo wav a Shutter Encoder, that program told me "Invalid data found when processing input"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, two languages. I couldn't input the wav file to Shutter Encoder, that program told me "Invalid data found when processing input"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Two very good apps don't accept it. What do you think? If you can upload the actual file to dropbox or google drive, I'll try it for you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, there is a google drive link with one of the wavs. Its a short dialogue, in spanish.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PJhQ1cQVL8z4vOthfr7iR-9DW8bmubXo?usp=sharing

Maybe you can open it like my girl friend, dont know. Im really really confused. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, sorry, I gave it a try. It's pretty small for a .wav, and it looks like it has something to do with mac, specifially mentioned in the beginning of the file. Thats the only clues I have... if your GF can play it, have her make a copy or such, send it to a different format, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines