• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write-on effect revealing placed logo not working

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to take a logo that has a script font and use the write-on effect to reveal the script font that is in the placed graphic. When keyframing the write-on and using the track matte key to link to the transparent video, it scales the graphic down so the write-on doesn't reveal the script accurately.

My question is, does the write-on effect only work with using a text layer or can it be used with a placed graphic? The logo that is imported is an .AI file. I did a test using a font and the write-on effect worked. Once I try the graphic, it reduces the placed graphic. See screen shots.

Screenshot one is the placed graphic with the write-on effect not linked with the track matte. Once the track matte is linked to the transparent video see screenshot two where it's a small purple type.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Darren

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not in a position to test at the moment and working from memory - but try nesting the .ai file and then apply the track matte and add your write-on. From memory Track Matte is affected by any scaling to your clips and it *might* be that your .ai file is being automatically scaled when dropped in the timeline (or you're scaling it) and the track matte is also scaling by the same amount or is affected by the scale.

If the above does not work - also ensure all your other layers being used are all at the resolution of the sequence i.e. nest everything that is scaled and THEN apply any effects in your master sequence.

Premiere Pro Track matte always gives me a headache as it does not work the way it would in say After Effects and always needs workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines