Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Zoom into clip without altering scale (premiere pro)

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to do this every way recommended, and its not working. I've tried nesting, generating black video, opacity masks, track matte key; nothing seems to work for me.

I have a standard video clip, 100% scale, no black bars.

There is another clip on the track above playing at the same time, but scaled down to 50% so they sit on top of each other. So you can see the corners/box of the video.

I want to zoom into a section on the scaled down video, but while fixing the 50% scale so i don't loose the desired effect of the two videos playing over the top of eachother.

Any solutions would be appreciated, and please try and be descriptive as I am no premiere pro expert.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would zoom in on the upper video and then either use the opacity mask or the crop tool to reduce the frame size. If you need to keyframe the zoom you may have to nest the clip before adding the crop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines