• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a high DPI user interface scaling setting for Windows

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow Windows users to select the UI scaling factor independent of the system scaling factor. This feature is available in Photoshop and Illustrator, and needs to be added to Premiere (and really all of the CC apps) for users who have mid-sized high DPI screens. This will allow users to take full advantage of the screen real estate for panels in Premiere that a high-resolution monitor affords without having to sacrifice readability in other applications like web browsers.
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rest of the Creative Cloud apps should adopt the interface scaling that Photoshop and Illustrator have. I have a 27" 4K monitor next to a 27" 1080p monitor. The apps I use that change their scaling appropriately are Explorer, Visual Studio Code, PhotoShop, and Illustrator. If other Adobe apps would adopt this behavior, it would do a lot for usability, at least for me. Currently I can only comfortably apps such as Audition and Premiere on my 4K display, otherwise they're blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely is desperately needed. Alongside the absolutely atrocious lag that mid/high end systems (Ryzen 1700, 32GB RAM, 4GB GTX970) get when the itnerface is drawn on a 4k monitor. Even placing markers on the timeline quickly (e.g. when beatmarking a track) lags behind something as old as a 2013 Retina MB Pro...! It certainly feels related to the scaling/interface rendering engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do check this thread on adobe forums: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2363234
In the first post I described most of the annoying bugs and problems along with workarounds for them. Nothing really changed since then and it was over a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue is forcing me to send back the 4k 27" display, pay for shipping...

I'm experiencing similar lag on AE as well, it literally makes Adobe software unusable on 4K displays, how absurd is that? Having in mind that much of the software is for creating visuals...

This voting system is ridiculous too, it's a crucial issue, and the only help I've managed to get is 'please, upvote this thread', great, maybe it will get solved in another decade. I've seen people complaining about this since 2016...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 32" 4k display and still, "no scaling" in Windows 10 is no option without a loupe. So I set it to 125%. Working in AE and Premiere is painfull. AE loses it's realtime playback capabiltiy seemingly for timeline redraws (try and give the timeline almost all the screen => no realtime playback possible).
See this thread with currently 158 posts "AE CC 2018 ridiculously slow":
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2450947

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here, having a 4K 27" with windows 10 scaling set to 200% and 2 HD monitors 100% scaling causes a lots bugs, issues, panels not rescaling, mercury transmit not showing properly and if I try to move de program monitor to a one of the others HD screens, premiere crashes (find attached a screenshot) and stop working.
This is something critical for users due to the lack of response from the Adobe team to solve this issue. It's a pain that in 2019, where all the screen sizes, resolutions an incredible variety of monitors are increasing too and this is not solved already. That feels really wrong and for more than one year without a workarround for this. I think it's time to move for something more in line with the real editors nowadays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do something to make scaling a viable possibility in windows. My eyesight is literally starting to suffer since I switched to a 4K monitor. When I do UI scaling or change the UI font in premiere it makes the program very unstable and breaks my mercury transmit!

What makes this so hard to do? Genuinely, I would like to know the reason why this has not been implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire point and purpose of higher resolutions is more screen real estate. If GUI's are too small at a specific resolution, you need a larger monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody found a workaround, how to work with two different displays and different dpi Settings (e.g 100% and 150%), without getting a blurry result of the UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Every monitor from UHD or higher is laggy as ****. FullHD monitor is super smooth. Please fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
+1 for Mac too. The folks at BLENDER figured out a great solution

https://youtu.be/Py9CHZkHh4U?t=22

Votes

Translate