• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow modifying properties for a selection of clips

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, if I would like to scale, say three clips, I have to apply the scaling to each clip separately. One should be able to select multiple clips and modify properties on that selection. After Effects allows this, so why not Premiere Pro?
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look up Paste Attributes in the PDF.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to copy-and-paste attributes but one shouldn't have to do this. If it can be done properly in After Effects, Premiere should be able to do it as well. After all, Adobe software should feel like one concise product and, as such, provide a similar user experience across the board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste attributes is not the same thing as what Andreas is asking for. Copy and paste attributes from one clip to another would put them in the exact position and scale as each other. However, that assumes that they were the same resolution, and had the same position to start. What if it is a logo and a lower third and some legal supers. They would all have unique positions, scales, etc. to start with, so we would need the ability to scale, position, rotate, relatively just like we could do in Final Cut Pro 7 in 2006, just like we can do in After Effects, just like we can do in photoshop, illustrator, indesign, etc. etc. It shouldn't even be limited to clips that are currently visible, if you have a timeline with a lower third with different legal supers on it, you should be able to select all pertinent clips, and move them together, without having to nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agree Andreas!

And thank you Jim Simon for pitching in you completely irrelevant solution as always. If you can't add to an idea to support it, why not just keep quiet to stop detracting from the suggestions, as if the problem is us users rather than the software? Paste Attributes is not an adequate work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your right Andreas Toth, I wish I could do the same as I sometimes work with several clips, graphics, and such on multiple tracks and then have many cuts to those clips in those tracks. If i make an edit to one clip it is a huge hassle to have to try and copy and paste that effect to everything else. I would rather just select all the clips beforehand and edit them in one go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas, it is now possible to do this with the plugin Excalibur! (https://knightsoftheeditingtable.com/excalibur)

I have shortcuts set up that allow me to resize, move and even rotate all selected clips at once!

For example:
Ctrl+Shift+Left Arrow moves all selected clips to the left by 1 pixel
Ctrl+Shift+Alt+Left Arrow move all selected clips to the left by 5 pixels

Excalibur is truly a game changer since it solves dozens of essential FRs Adobe has been ignoring!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I am using this in Resolve, very helpful feature.

For example, you copy & paste motion attributes from one to let's say 20 more clips but then you suddenly needed to adjust the x axis for just 3 nudges in your portrait timeline, because they share the same (as in no differences) properties, you can just highlight & adjust a few numbers in the effects panel under x axis.

If ever they don't have the same properties what Resolve does show in effects panel is blank, if they're the same it will show the properties of the highlighted clips because they are all identical. Yeah, as easy as that!

Hoping Adobe can read this.

Votes

Translate

Translate