• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attach / create proxies to / from merged clips

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If for some reason, you have created proxies AFTER syncing and / or creating merged clips, those proxies will not attached to the merged clips. The idea is that to make that possible.
In other words, to be able to attach proxies to all sorts of clips, either you create the proxies before or after creating merged clips, subclips, synced merged clips ...
Thanks
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
22 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS FEATURE WOULD BE EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!!!! I AM AMAZED THAT THIS ISN'T A NO BRAINER AND AUTOMATICALLY THOUGHT OF AS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please god can we make this happen the proxy workflow would be so so so niiiiiiice

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE REALLY NEED THIS FEATURE. A simple disconnect proxies would be A HUGE help. Currently working with 8K RED footage and had to recreate proxies. Had to re-connect new proxies to merged clips one by one and RE-EDIT the timeline. Such a headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOURTH person to support this. The lack of this is totally insane and makes the proxy workflow unusable for post-sync workflows as far as I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've actually tested it and although it sucks you can't attach proxies to Merged Clips, if you create and attach proxies BEFORE making Merged Clips, you can work with them in the absence of original/full-res media.

But yeah COME ON ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be an enormous help. Especially for projects that have grown over time and now require proxies so that playback is smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm literally reading all these comments with extreme anxiety. My computer just can't take the 4K processing at this point of my project. Why hasn't this happened yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a must! I can't wrap my head around why this would not be supported. There is a horrid work-around if you are desperate however, and that is to make the merged clip media offline, and re-link to the proxy media, but your sizing will not auto correct like the native proxy workflow. And you wont be able to toggle back and forth between proxy and raw media. but if you MUST get some work done, and then manually offline the media and re-link back to the raw to export, then here you go. But its a disgusting way to work and I don't recommend it. ADOBE PLEASE HELP US

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a different but related issue that I'm running into. 1) Ingest footage and create proxies. 2) Sync footage with production audio and create merged clips. Proxy toggling works as expected with merged clips. 3) Copy entire project to another drive for use by another editor. File paths are now broken and proxies must be reattached. 4) Original source media can be reattached, but merged clips DO NOT UPDATE and can no longer use proxies! All that changed is that the project has been launched from a different drive, with the exact same internal file structure! It should not destroy the entire workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making proxies work with Merged Clips is a must. I realize that creating multi-cam sequences is a viable alternative to merging clips, but then I am essentially working with a sequence, rather than a clip. Sequences behave differently within Premiere. Merged Clips should simply create a symbolic link between video and audio, rather than destructively creating a new entity. We can link and group on the timeline, and we should be able to do the same within the Project window. This would allow easy options to break apart Merged Clips, link proxies to Merged Clips, and even individually re-link the audio and video portions of a Merged Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why couldn't you just link or lock the video and audio tracks together on timelines ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm begging you guys to allow adding of proxies to master footage to trickle down to merged clips. My day's already ruined because I found some days I forgot to attach proxies to before I merged all the clips, renamed them, organized them, added metadata, and so forth, and now I have to throw all that work away, attach the proxies and start over merging the clips again. I'm about ready to fly out to the west coast and slap somebody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue just now. Opened up my project, from an external drive, on a different computer. Had to re-attach proxies. But the proxies are no longer attached to the synced clips. This is extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME HERE. Attaching proxies should be possible any time, before or after merging. Depending on CPU power, computer access, you may be forced to make proxies at a later date but still want to make progress sorting files.
You get paid monthly by everyone here... yet you're costing us time. Fix this asaplease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, a quick question: why do you need to use Merged Clips? Is it only because you need to replace the audio track with another one and keep them in sync all the time in your project? Why not just Linking / locking in sync the audio item with the video item ? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe. How is this not possible at this point? Such an obvious and clearly needed thing. Just lost tons of time to rendering proxies that won't connect to merged clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same with Subclips. It's frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's been 2 years - do they listen to their userbase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander. Come on.

They've been not listening for way more than two years.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After syncing and merging my whole project, then cutting, I now realize I have to do the whole process again in order for proxies to enable on my edit. I can't figure out a way to swap these new clips with the merged clips I already used in the edit.

That leaves me with re-cutting the whole thing with the new merged clips. Or printing an EDL and just hoping these new merged clips link up after I delete the old ones from the project.

If the merged clip is referencing the original media, and then I attach a proxy to that original media, why doesn't it update in the merged clip?

The proxy workflow is fantastic otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just synced all the sound with the footage for a 20 minute short film by merging the footage and the sound and now the proxies won't attach to my merged clips. Sooooo frustrating, seems like I have to do the sound sync all over again. There goes 4 hours of my time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate