• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be easy to bring automated Pan and Zoom to Adobe Premiere Pro.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this not a feature? It was in Imovie 10 years ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this would be super useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had it in premier but then just realized after looking it was part of a preset a friend gave me when i first started out like 5 years ago. So yes, would be nice to have but I'm pretty sure we all have it in our presets by now haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Would love to see this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please. I am hoping for getting this feature in Premiere, too, since years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the idea, Scott. For now, I just dump all my stills into Rush and import the Rush project into Premiere Pro. Quite a nice time saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are basic features. Even MS Movie Maker has pan and zoom effects. Premiere Pro still doesn't???? Embarrassing, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a GREAT new solution available that's available today!: Drag Zoom https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.105390.html

I just bought it and it works great! It's $49, but I figure it's better get a great plugin that speeds up my work today rather than wait for Adobe to give us better zooming features in 5-20 years from now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like punch in took forever to be implemented in Adobe Audition (a basic feature of many audio editing programs) the same thing is happening with Pan & Zoom here.

Premiere Rush has a Pan/Zoom tool, Premiere Elements has a Pan/Zoom tool that even detects faces, Divinci Resolve has Dynamic Zoom tools. Final Cut has a tool as well. This is a basic feature in most editing programs.

So we know Adobe can do it since two of their products have it, they just won't put it in Premiere as an alternative to straight keyframing or user created transform presets. It's strange and it's necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. I'm editing several episodes of a travel video where my friends have supplied a few favourite stills which I am dropping into the video timeline. Having to manually apply some effects is time consuming. Adobe please add something useful for a change. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleeeeease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are basics! It would be a time saver for what i have to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah and ad motion blur !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agreed that Premiere lacks so many basic tools which otherwise make another editing program superior and reliable. For example, Filmora has gone too far in this with hundred plus elements and templates to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin,

I tried using Rush last night to create a sequence of several slides from Hi Res pictures from my friend's Sony A7 - then a Hi Quality 4K UHD video.

Firstly Rush doesn't seem to even allow you to define a default duration for imported stills - you have to manually define each one - at least I could not find a way to do it. Horrible.

I really think it is time to add Pan and Zoom in the Premiere Pro Effects panel, allowing you to drop it on one or more images/video and define start/end frame points/zoom and speed.

Maybe even add some colour effect transitions for those who want to be more creative.

All the basic mechanisms exist in Premiere but doing this manually is painful - especially if you have images of varying sizes

This would add some real value to the tools in Premiere Pro and allow us to leave Rush alone.

I have upvoted the idea

Votes

Translate

Translate