• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Could the Premiere Pro Developers Create A Massive Gap Removal Function?

3 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scenario:
I'm editing a video that is a documentary-style film about someone's life. I have four interviews that are ranging from 15-40 minutes.

The application of the idea:
I'm going through each interview and there are significant pauses between answers which makes playing through the edit more time-consuming. I've already trimmed big pauses out but there are still smaller pauses (5-8 seconds) that I'm going through.

Could the team create a function that would trim the video based on the volume level of the clip? So, any clip that didn't meet a certain threshold of decibels would be eliminated. Obviously, there would be a cushion/sensitivity slider so the cut isn't made directly when the person talks, this gives them a margin. But this function could automate tons of time going through and trimming parts of the video.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Advocate ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Strip silence (like Avid / Audition) could be useful to achieve this - https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/audition/using/strip-silence.html

Votes

Translate

Translate