• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DELETE SPEAKERS (2,3 ect) from the Transcript WITH their TimeCode!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, in the adobe premiere Transcript menu, you can detect multiple speakers and rename them But NOT DELETE THEM!!! I DON'T want to name the cameraman and people talking on my documentary film set. I want to see only what Speaker 1 my main interview subject says!! Then I could auto generate captions on a timeline with ONLY the main "Speaker"! This would help so much!! The work arounds arn't worth it. Its too tedious to go into numbers and excel, delete allllll of the speakers you don't want, export, convert and import. I just spent an hour and half on the phone with ADOBE SUPPORT in India trying to do this and they couldn't! They were great but couldn't help. I ended up just using Chat GPT instead lol Thanks for your time your great! I feel like this message was in the style of amanda binds ask ashley series from all that =P
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Critical!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this idea, Isaac! I am the product manager for Premiere Sensei. While we are on the topic, are there other things you would want to bulk delete? We have gotten feedback on deleting pauses and filler words. Other bulk deletions could be added to the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES YES YES!!!

Identifying the Speakers is great and all, but I totally agree, most of the time I just want the person answering the questions and not the person asking them. It would be great to filter or just delete one of the speakers. Additionally, to do something like scene edit detection with "Speaker edit detection" where it adds edits or markers for each speaker would be amazing. OR, how about moving speaker 1 to track 1, speaker 2 to track 2, etc. so you can delete all of one speaker or another easily, or copy and paste just the parts you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my vote to being able to batch delete specific speakers. For some reason I was under the impression that Scene Edit Detection did this and was ticked that mine was working! Hahaha after an hour of troubleshooting, I realized I'm the trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They just added basically what we were looking for and it works really well. Thanks Adobe!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-based-editing-update-bulk-delete-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea they did. Tested it and was able to extract and lift other speakers transcribed in a multi-cam sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Teresa! I'm glad you liked my idea. I've been in development of this idea for my own software along with many others with the organization Toptal. I've been working on my own software using ai and this being one of the features. I was told it would be a fantastic premiere pro plugin with this feature and the others I've been working on. Is there a way we can arrange a meeting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my personal website is isaacshrem.com

Votes

Translate

Translate