• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marker functionality

Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been discussed before, but don't think anything has been done about this.  Really important to be able to convert markers with duration to a subclip or to mark an in and out reflecting where the marker resides and the duration.       

This was simple to do in FCP7...  and was enormous timesaver.

And would be great if you could use the tab key to navigate from name field to the duration field.    

I'm sure others have more ideas about improving this feature set.

Thanks as always to the Premiere team for a great job...  

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh heck yes! This would be a wonderful improvement to the app.

I wish we could tap & hold in playback to set a marker, then on release, set the end of the duration. It is pretty fidgety to grab the tiny area at the corner and drag a marker into a duration marker. Or open the dialog box and type an end point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I'm playing, I hit the IN key to indicate where I'll place the marker and the out key to determine the duration.  Go to in,  Hit the marker shortcut twice, name it and then click in the duration field and add the duration from the program or source monitor...  So that's not a big deal for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, but that still drives me bonkers when I know if you could simply tap and hold M ... then let it up later, you could set a duration marker without even stopping playback ... sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate