• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optical Kerning in Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a large telecommunication corporation where our font specifically needs to be set to Optical Kerning to match our brand standards.

Currently in Premiere Pro there is no option to adjust the kerning from Metrics to Optical like seen in After Effects or Photoshop. You can select one text at a time and adjust the kerning manually per letter but not as a whole block of text. Although this change seems insignificant it is important to our brand recognition.

My current method of creating the proper kerning in either After Effects or Photoshop works but is more time consuming than if it were already set up within Premiere from the get go.

See screenshots below of the differences betweeen the kerning option between each piece of Adobe software.

Premiere:

Premiere.png

After Effects: 

AE.png

Photoshop: 

PS.png

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alex,

Have you considered creating .mogrts in AE for your needs? Once created, you can work inside Premiere Pro with the kerning intact. Would that work while you wait for the feature to be implemented?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

I have made .mogrt templates in the past to resolve this issue but it becomes inconvenient when we need to bold or change the font size of specific words in a sentence. Having the ability to not rely on .mogrts or sending each text file to AE would greatly improve my creative process as I could mock up everything as close to perfect in my edit faster without requiring a finalizing stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow animated text kerning (or tracking) in Premiere without having to jump to After Effects.

Not sure why the developers left this important and time saving feature out for so long.

This effect slowly increases the space betweek letters and is used frequently by creators. Less After Effects the better for most users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The important thing here is to AVOID doing this simple task in After Effects and staying in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate