Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe team and other users

My system status

- CPU : AMD Ryzen 5700X

- GPU :  Nvidia RTX 3060ti

- Pr version : Pr 2023 23.1

I realized that windows sleep mode not working while Pr in operation.

I don't mean that it's about encoding or rending situation.

AE(After Effect) , Ps(Photoshop) are all OK for sleep mode.

When I am not available at the PC, those become to sleep with my sleep mode time setting of windows

Encoding is time consuming job , I think Adobe make Pr not to use sleep mode of windows.

My suggestion is this behaviour only should be applied during encoding or rendering. Otherwise, Electricity is spent uselesssly when I frequrently leave place during editing.

Actually, I haven't experiece it when I used INTEL CPU i7-4970s. Recently I changed my PC to the new one and now It happens.

Maybe professional or commercial business users are not intrested in this topic.

But, we have to consider it since our World is suffercing from the RU-UK war , inflation , energy cost increasing.

What about you others?

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

MyerPj. You are superman.

Pr take input/output devices when initializing. It set up with my Logitec Headset.

And It read Headset attached microphone as default input device.

message1.png

And I went to Edit-Preference-Audio/Hardware , make it then "No Input" in Pr.

message2.pngall gone and now sleep mode works !

Thanks! It help me not only for this topic, but now I know how to use "powercfg command" in windows life.

Thanks again !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Yes, you have to hunt it down. It can be a pain. I just checked it again, and it won't sleep when PP is playing, so also rendering I take it. I just setup a power profile to shut monitors at 1 minute and sleep at 2 min, and use that for testing.

powercfg /requests, the top one is while PP is playing back, lower one was when I stopped the playback.

MyerPj_0-1672809678255.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

I'm not sure if RjL is speaking only during encoding, but my machine sleeps just fine when PP is not encoding. As you mentioned: " this behaviour only should be applied during encoding or rendering." So, when it's not, it sleeps just fine. You'll need to check your task manager to help locate something else keeping your machine awake.

You can enter this in a cmd window: powercfg /requests

To see which events might be keeping your machine awake. (not sure if you need an Admin cmd window).

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's why:

This is by design in the Windows environment. All processes must also be put to sleep or shut down completely the very second Windows goes to sleep. In the past, Windows would go to sleep unexpectedly in the very middle of a rendering or export job - and when it did, you'd be left with only a partial export, and then the only way to export the entire video would have been to start all over from the very beginning and hope that your PC doesn't go to sleep before the entire export job is finished.

An update to the Creative Cloud desktop app a few months ago did semi-permanently disable all sleep and standby operations and also forced the display to remain on full-time. That behavior has since been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if RjL is speaking only during encoding, but my machine sleeps just fine when PP is not encoding. As you mentioned: " this behaviour only should be applied during encoding or rendering." So, when it's not, it sleeps just fine. You'll need to check your task manager to help locate something else keeping your machine awake.

You can enter this in a cmd window: powercfg /requests

To see which events might be keeping your machine awake. (not sure if you need an Admin cmd window).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, So Premiere Pro has no problem for sleep mode basically. 

Then, I need to check what my PC to be awaken as you suggest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you have to hunt it down. It can be a pain. I just checked it again, and it won't sleep when PP is playing, so also rendering I take it. I just setup a power profile to shut monitors at 1 minute and sleep at 2 min, and use that for testing.

powercfg /requests, the top one is while PP is playing back, lower one was when I stopped the playback.

MyerPj_0-1672809678255.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyerPj. You are superman.

Pr take input/output devices when initializing. It set up with my Logitec Headset.

And It read Headset attached microphone as default input device.

message1.png

And I went to Edit-Preference-Audio/Hardware , make it then "No Input" in Pr.

message2.pngall gone and now sleep mode works !

Thanks! It help me not only for this topic, but now I know how to use "powercfg command" in windows life.

Thanks again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done, way to go! 🙂

Votes

Translate