• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select all disabled clips in a sequence

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to be able to select all the disabled clips in a timeline.
When I edit, I often disabled audio clips I don’t want to hear, but I don’t want to remove them (because I want to pass all the clips to the soundmix department by exporting aaf when the picture is lock).
When exporting aaf or omf, the disabled clips are not passing through. So up to now, I would need to duplicate my sequence, then re-enable manually all the disabled clips.
If there was a function to select all of them at once, it would be much easier for me.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! This would be a great feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, this would feature would be great. One work around is to change the color of every clip you disable, then you can select one disabled clip, then right click, go to label, and "select label group" to select only the disabled clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please. Would be very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be super useful for me when editing multitrack audio. That way I could first just do a rough mix by deactivating certain mics and then quickly commit to the activated mics I want to keep by deleteing all disabled clips at once (with the goal of reducing the number of audio tracks for a more convenient timeline). I'm currently working on a project with around 30 lavalier mics running in parralel that mostly only pickup the person wearing them because of ambient noise. So it would be really helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the love of all things, please add this. Please also add a keyboard shortcut to select-all forward or backwords of the time marker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree that we need this. Always a pain to go back through the tracks and turn the clips back on before exporting for sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have needed this for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it saddens me that I came here to find that this feature doesn't exist 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all clips in a "Timeline"
Open the "Essential sound", assign audio type selection (e.g. dialogue), and uncheck the mute at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip, thanks Nakahashi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed this today. Only option was to scroll through a 10 minute sequence and re-enable 30ish clips one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I would also need this.
If several microphones recorded the same thing, I'd like to leave it up to the sound mixer to decide which one works best. Therefore I'd like to disable audio clips during my edit to make temporary decisions, but then export everything when it's time for mixing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news everyone - the very cool and useful extension "Excalibur" let's you do this! It does cost money, $10 if I remember right, but is very much worth it in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nakahashi for your tip - that's saved me hours today

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would LOVE to be able to pass along disabled audio clips to the mixer in case an editor selected the wrong or a noisy mic by accident. Working in reality television, I ask my editors to cut everything in and then disable the audio clips they want to silence so it's quicker to find a better audio track, if there is one, during mix. Like the original poster, I would LOVE to be able to include media from the disabled clips in an AAF like Avid has for years. Premiere Pro 2022 still does not include this function during AAF export. Adobe, please fix this and make your pro's happier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another potential work around would be to label (colour) the clips as you disable them. Once you want to select those clips right click one of the clips -> label -> select label group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOOKING FOR THIS FEATURE AS WELL! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even though Adobe hasn't done this, I found a faster way to work around this issue.
1) Open your sequence, let's call it ForMix,  and select Sequence / Simplify sequence and check the option to remove the Audio Clips that are disabled. Premiere creates a new sequence only with the Enabled clips, let's call it ForMix -A.
2) Reopen your ForMix original sequence, select all the clips and Shift + CMD + E. This will enable all previously disabled clips and disable previously enabled ones. Repeat the Sequence / Simplify step and call that sequence ForMix -B. Now you have a sequence with ONLY the clips disabled by the editor.
3) In your ForMIx -B sequence take the first clip and put volume to minus inifinite. Then copy / paste attributes to the other clips in the sequence. Now all the previously disabled clips are enabled and volumed to minus inifinite.
4) Select all the clips from the sequence ForMix -B and paste them in ForMix-A. Now you have all the clips enabled but only those originally disabled are in minus infinite.
5) Export your AAF 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate