• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and delete/copy/move multiple markers at once + more

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markers should be movable as simply as we move footage. Select multiple markers by dragging, then delete or copy/paste. Ripple delete moves markers on a sequence, but doesn't delete the markers inside the in/out of the ripple delete. Select all forward doesn't select markers.

For people like me who only/mostly work on scripted shows I use markers all the time. It would be lovely if they were more malleable.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
30 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add... command+clicking a marger and sliding it is nice. I wish I could command+shift+click a marker and ripple slide all the markers up and down the timeline.

I also wish the markers on the timeline could be more tied to the clips. Using markers on clips is too hard to see them. The visibility of the markers on the timeline is so much nicer than the visibility of them on individual clips.

I'd like a setting that just gave me a duplicate marker on the timeline for every clip marker.. and then deleting one would delete its counterpart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% this.
Track Select Forward Tool does not affect markers on a sequence timeline which is a big headache when it comes to organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

love this idea, and could really use it today if it was available! dragging and dropping markers from timeline to clip and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!!! I'm frustrated trying to edit and none of my markers are moving as I trim in my sequence so the markers are now moot. I tried using the Ripple Sequence Markers button but it isn't working either, so I'm sure I'm using it wrong. Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, actually, I realized that the Ripple Sequence Markers does work!! I thought it was a button I had to use every time, but it's actually a function you can turn on and off, and alas it works! I kept inadvertently turning the function off since I was treating it like a keyboard shortcut. So, yay for that problem being solved. Hope this helps those that posted earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking up solutions for the same thing - agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markers need so much work in PP - Track Select Forward Tool doesn't work - so if you have a complex timeline with multiple video and audio tracks that you need to keep in sync - there's is actually NO WAY to move clips around and move seq markers along - how hard can it be to implement a method to move several markers at once or make an option to lock and offset seqs makers with a particular clip? This is a massive dealbreaker for me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of my main issues with this program. Half of the time, having Markers on a timeline makes the editing experience harder, not easier. We should be able to select footage and markers at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently trying to figure out how to move a massive amount of markers because I needed to ripple delete something halfway through the timeline.

Additionally, marker movements should be undo-able, just like any other edits you make to the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find a way to copy sequence markers to the source clip - I have a sequence uploaded to frame.io where a client added timestamped sequence markers that sync to a timeline - problem is that I now wish to trim that sequence down to just the selects and/or use the source clip elsewhere, but the markers don't follow the edits or move with the source clip. Super frustrating....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a MUST in Premiere and AE, markers are so useful but so underestimated…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! This would be a great addition to the marker workflow! Especially, after the addition of timline markers being copied from sequence to sequence! Great stuff 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way is to apply markers to an Adjustment layer you can move, copy, paste everywhere.
Anyway we wait for this improvement in premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i move all the video event fx tho?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on i am paying paying every month for this programm, why u guys dont add this little adjustment directly into it? in sony vegas u can use markers so easily and in PP its so complicated and there are no much options to work with markers. PLEASE ADD THIS ADJUSTMENT!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to find it frustrating not to be able to work with clip markers in the timeline as were they video or audio clips...

It seams counterintuitive that all clip related marker editing, should happen in the clip monitor as one constantly has to guess where the markers in and out points are in relation to the general timeline.

It is a time consuming process to use markers as currently is and quite difficult to deal with in a fast and fluent way, when a director sits next to one in an edit review session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still not a thing? Seems like an easy feature to add...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for a drag select ability to select multiple markers. having to manually shift click each one is tedious with the sheer amount I am working with *(thousands!). Please add more capabilities to using markers, such as markers that keep no data other than timestamp, these markers a purely to export to AE to run animation commands. My markers slow my computer down so much because they hold a fair bit of data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my... Surely this is a feature?! :,(

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys I just found a kind of a solution to that. If you open the markers tab (Windows-->Marker) you get a list with all the markers and their IN and OUT points + the notes if they have any. And if you hold CTRL you can select multiple markers in that panel, and then on the timeline if you click and hold on the first selected marker you'll be able to move the previously selected markers at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s a good work around.

In the end, I settled for actually putting the markers on a blank adjustment layer on the timeline itself… this means I can copy and paste these layers as I need. 👌

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE IS A GREAT FIX!!!!

If you Open the "Markers Window" and you hold "Command" (on a mac) you can click on multiple markers at once and select all of them if you want.. (it looks like you have to do it one by one unless someone knows a better way)

You must click on where it says "Name" or just under in the center box (to far to the right, won't work)! Not on the thumbnail picture or in the text box... Only Under "Name", near "In" and "out"

Then go to the timeline and click on one of those markers that you selected in the "Markers window" and you can now move all the markers at once 🙂

- I haven't found a way to click on all of the markers at once in the "Markers Window." If anyone figures out that next step please share

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a copy-paste method? On avid, this was so easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I completely agree! Be able to multiple select markers in the window to delete, as well as have multiple options for layout when you hover over them for easier readability

Votes

Translate

Translate