• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submix tracks should have normal track capabilities

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submix audio tracks would benefit massively from features available to other tracks. There are two primary features I would love to see:

1. A psuedo clip function that locks any keyframing to the other tracks. For example if I have finished my edit and added a load of keyframes to the submix tracks, then I need to lose the first three seeconds from the edit, it would be great if when I pull up the video and audio on the timeline, the submix tracks do the same thing, so the keyframes effectively stay locked to the specific part of the timeline, rather than remain independent.

2. The submix tracks should be selectable in Essential sound. For example, if I have 8 music tracks, due to the fact I am using stems from the music composer to change the way the music builds up, I can patch these all to a music submix. It would be very useful if I can then tell Essential Sound that this submix is my music. Then I could use features such as ducking on the submix. This would be particularly useful for broadcast television production as a huge amount of programming is made with English output in tracks 1&2, and international sound on 3&4. This would allow things like dipping the music under voice over to happen for the English mix, but not the international mix using submixes.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 is a great idea, but how will Premiere know when you want the keyframes to follow and when you don't? It was a happy day when I discovered the Pen tool makes lassoing and dragging audio keyframes much easer than with the Selection tool.

Your #2 is a fantastic idea! It would be a perfect way to expand on Essential Sound's existing capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good question. In Avid each track has a sync lock, so when you lock all tracks they all move together. A similar solution would work, so the user can decide when it moves and when it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has sync locks too - and they are enabled by default (opposite of Avid). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Except these sync locks appear to have no affect over track keyframes, which would be required for my suggeston to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate