• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typewriter effect in Premiere Pro

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True typewriter for text like in After Effects, not the wipe effect, that is not word by word.

Come on Adobe. Maybe a transition type.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you can keyframe the Source Text property in the Essential Graphics panel with those keyframes showing 1 letter or 1 word at a time. It's a little tedious but worth exploring. If you want transition that does this, Film Impact makes one in their bundle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm not gonna keyframe anything that should be automatic.

And the Film Impact one is useless when you add a background, or a shadow or even a stroke I think. Thanks anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be achieved pretty easily by offering a "basic typewriter" MOGRT on Adobe Stock with options to change the font, size, and fill color.

I guess the reason it's not already on Adobe Stock (I did a quick search - only found paid options) is that it's fairly easy for anyone with After Effects to create their own.  Or if not a MOGRT, just import the Comp directly into Premiere Pro.  It's more to juggle though.

I voted, Flavio!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks yeah the thing is that with a MOGRT you can't adjust the effect's duration or speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate