• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp stabilizer and Speed changes to work on the same clip

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to be able to change the speed of a clip and then, apply a warp stabilizer effect on that same clip without having to nest the clip to make both effects work together.

Also, being able to put a warp stabilizer effect on a clip even if that clip is not at the same resolution as the sequence settings.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree but I think that Adobe needs to go further and completely rewrite the Warp Stabilizer plugin as it seems like it just can stand up to the requirements of a modern editing environment. How long has been part of PP? And it doesn't seem to get any updates even though the forums are littered with people complaining about issues with it.

The big plus point is that Warp Stabilizer is really good at stabilizing footage, it's not the fastest but the results are generally very good.

But there are so many other issues that Warp has:
* Any clips with Warp when rendered, will often have those render files lost if you save and close the project
* Warp analyse data is stored in the project - if you use the effect a lot your projects get REALLY BIG. My last project was 700MB (took 2-3 minutes to save), a similar project not using Warp was 1/10th of the size.
* But a clip in a nested sequence, apply the warp effect to that clip, then add with any basic motion effects (ie rotation) then take the nested sequence and put it into a new sequence. Applying most effects to that nested sequence completely screws up the underlying clips display

I now do a round trip to After Effects and do all my Warp stabilizing in there and Premiere is far more stable and responsive but it really slows down my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is probably the most time-wasting and project-cluttering flaw with warp stabilizer. 95% of the clip I want to stabilize also require speed changes or resolution changes, and I'm CONSTANTLY having to nest clips just to use the stabilizer. PLEASE HURRY UP AND FIX THIS, ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply your speed changes then Nest the clip to add Warp Stabilizer as well. Unfortunately you wont be able to apply video transitions afterwards. Right click to Nest the footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 problems with Warp stabilizer.

1. You have to nest clip if you want to apply use time-remap, time revers on it.
2. It is painfully slow.
3. Every time you use it project file size increase by 2mb. If you use it often, you will end up with over 100mb files that saves painfully slow.

Mercali plugin don't give you as good result as warp but it doesn't have any of the problem as I listed above.

I hope you fix it because right now I use warp only if I really have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, this would be a great update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, friends! Please, you have to solve this sad thing now or never. Davinci Resolve just did it last year. Why to wait for tomorrow when you can do it yesterday? Please, come on, guys! Just do it!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we PLEASE get working already, Adobe? I'm spending so much time on workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have some feature updates that users actually need for a chnage instead of some of the obscure stuff that new releases seem to contain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need this. Every editor I know who uses warp stabilizer NEEDS this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix this, please! It's so stupid that we can't do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - it is time this problem was fixed please. It makes any change involving stablising footage and speed change such a long process. Premiere should be capable of supporting this by now. Much more useful than low priority UI changes !. Its a time saver and time equals money

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 2023 is here and we can't speed and stabilize the same clip without doing workarounds. This is beyond revolting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you leave handles on each side of the clip before you nest it, you can still use transitions

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is just lazy. I'm using Premiere Pro for 12 years and I saw every time we need an update or fix, it takes around 2 years to be done. It seems like it's time to start using DaVinci Resolve from now on. Adobe doesn't care what costumers want.

Votes

Translate

Translate