• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Timecode and Cilp Name overlay for audio clips on the Audio Track

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to use the Clip Name and Timecode overlay effects with an audio file on an audio track?

I have several WAV files of voice-over that I have edited in my Premiere timeline. What I want to do is export the voice-over as a video file with Clip Name and Timecode overlays for the WAV files so when I send it off for review, the producer can see the audio file name and corresponding timecode to identify which audio clip/take is being heard.

For example...

200423_Sophia VO_003_Tr1.WAV (for the Clip Name overlay)

14:12:46:03 (for the Timecode overlay)

I was hoping I could place an Adjustment Layer on Video Track 1, apply the Clip Name and Timecode effects to the Adjustment Layer, and then select Audio 1 under Effect Controls > Source Track. Unfortunately, I am only able to select Video 1 (video tracks) from the Source Track drop-down list.

So far, this is the only way I can think of accomplishing what I'm trying to do:

• Create New Item > Black Video (Color Matte also works) and place on Video Track 1
  • Apply Timecode overlay effect to the Black Video and set the Timecode Source to Generate in Effect Controls
  • Make a cut on the Black Video where each voice-over edit is on the audio track below
  • Move the playhead to the first frame of voice-over edit

- Double-click the WAV clip in the timeline

- Copy the timecode from the Source window

- Open the Effect Controls window for the Black Video

- Paste the timecode under Timecode > Starting Timecode

• Create a text layer on Video Track 2 with the corresponding file name of the WAV file for that section of audio
  • Rinse and repeat for each voice-over edit

While this gives me the end result that I'm looking for, it's extremely time consuming when dealing with dozens or hundreds of edits. I would love to find an automated way to get this done. Anybody?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also looking for something simular. 

I have multiple multicam sequences that I need to export for logging. I need the timecode to be burned in the footage, but the timecode effect does not see the multicam seq. as a clip. 

A workaround would be to paste the timecode effect on all video clips seperatly, but then you would not have timecode when there was no camera rolling. The sound continues on black ( but that sound also needs logging)

So the best way to have continuous timecode for a multicamclip would be able to show the sound timecode (in this case).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines