• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust picture size in premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to include a picture in the start of my video, but as I put the picture in the timeline it becomes to big, and so it only view a zoomed in part of the picture.

The image size is 5312 x 2988. File size 4,37 mb

Howe do I do it?

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

‌Hi Sam,

Since your sequence settings don't match the resolution of the image, it is zoomed in. You will have to scale the image down to fit the sequence size. You can either do "Scale to frame size" or manually change the scale in the Effect Controls panel.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hi Sam,

Since your sequence settings don't match the resolution of the image, it is zoomed in. You will have to scale the image down to fit the sequence size. You can either do "Scale to frame size" or manually change the scale in the Effect Controls panel.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or resize it in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how does one "scale to frame size"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the clip on the timeline and in the drop down menu choose either Scale to Frame Size or Set to Frame Size. Set to Frame Size has advantages if you are planning to do more scale adjusting that just making it match the sequence frame size.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The email notification asked me to click "Correct" under the answer if this answered my question.  I don't see any place to click "Correct".  Perhaps that is an obsolete concept.  So I clicked "Helpful" instead.  Thanks Meg.

Right clicking on the clip scales the image.  Is there a place to set a preference where newly dragged photos will be scaled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Media > Default Media Scaling:

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 1.49.31 PM.png

Changing this will only affect any new images you add, the ones already ton the timeline will stay scaled as they were before you set this default.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a problem with fitting a jpeg image to the entire screen when using premeire pro. How do I fix that? I've attached a screenshot of what the video looks like when it's exported as an mp4 and is in full screen. I want to get rid of the black borders on the outside but don't know how to.Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 10.01.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to zoom in instead of zooming out. If the sequence is 1080P you could drop it in a 720P sequence and it would proably fit better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines