Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Hardware Acceleration Disabled

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a solution to my Adobe Mercury Open CL GPU acceleration being disabled (greyed out). I tried what different videos and forum posts recommended but they didn't really fix anything. Any help is appreciated and my pc specs are listed below.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

RAM: 16 GB Corsair DDR4

GPU: Radeon RX 580 8GB

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Try rolling back a driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only shows "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" and I can't select anything else. I can enable it on my older macbook pro flawlessly using opencl or metal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone to the AMD site and checked to make sure you have the latest drivers?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled my AMD drivers to the latest version from the website. Seems that nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rolling back a driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like that worked out. I rolled back my graphics driver to a previous version (which then opencl seemed to be enabled), and then updated my driver to the latest. OpenCL seems to be working after I did that.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that Adobe now no longer supports any of AMD's gaming GPUs for OpenCL MPE GPU acceleration in recent Windows versions of Premiere Pro CC, beginning with CC 2018. Only workstation GPUs are supported at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines